Installed a hitch on a Tri-Glide yesterday

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed a hitch on a Tri-Glide.

Photo of receiver, hitch and electrical. The electrical is made up on HD compatible connectors, a CanBUS module, an isolator, and connection to the trailer.

Hitch%20Setup.jpg

Receiver installed...bolted to the two cross-members below the trunk.

Receiver.jpg

Hitch installed. Held in by a standard pin and clip. There is also a set-screw to keep it from rattling in the receiver.

Hitch.jpg

Electrical all installed...it fits up under the passenger section of the seat.

Hitch%20Wiring.jpg

Hooked up and working with a trailer.

Trailer%20Lights.jpg

Kevin

Looks good Kevin. I'm really thinking about installing a hitch on my Tri Glide as I had one on my 2009 Motor Trike conversion.

What brand of hitch is that one Kevin?

Nice job,i put a hitch on my 17 and got a smoking deal on a small trailer and the wife and i love it.

Looks good Kevin. I'm really thinking about installing a hitch on my Tri Glide as I had one on my 2009 Motor Trike conversion.

What brand of hitch is that one Kevin?

The one thing to be aware of, a hitch on a HD is going to almost assuredly void the warranty...not much of a way around that one.

The hitch is a one-off, built before they were readily available in the aftermarket.

Kevin

I have my wiring harness set up to unplug within minutes and i can have the hitch off in about ten minutes if i need to take it in for warranty work.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png