Rush slip-ons

stroker 23

Jun 6, 2013
boyertown, pa usa
Considering a pair of straight cut Rush slips. In the descriptive matter from Rush (3-1/2in muffler. Race series split baffle configuration - use with stock crossover head system only. Use 1.75" on left side and 2.00" or 2.25" on right side. To maximize performance of baffles, tuning modifications may be required. Works great with Rush True Dual Head Pipes.)
I've been researching slips for some time and have not come across the use of different size baffles. Is this truth or have I lost touch somewhere along the line? The bike is an 09 Tri with AN Big Sucker.Thanks

I've been researching slips for some time and have not come across the use of different size baffles. Is this truth or have I lost touch somewhere along the line? The bike is an 09 Tri with AN Big Sucker.Thanks

Yes, just look at the stock mufflers, You'll notice the left side is heavily baffled compared to the right side, With true duals that set up is not needed to even out the backpressure..

Considering a pair of straight cut Rush slips. In the descriptive matter from Rush (3-1/2in muffler. Race series split baffle configuration - use with stock crossover head system only. Use 1.75" on left side and 2.00" or 2.25" on right side. To maximize performance of baffles, tuning modifications may be required. Works great with Rush True Dual Head Pipes.)

I've got some. I had them on my 08 Ultra with a sidecar. I felt they were a bit too loud with my wife sitting in the sidecar. I took them off. I also have an extra set of baffles. You can wrap the baffles with additional fiberglass or remove some to suit your sound and or back pressure. Send PM if interested.

Great = Loud? Greater = Louder?
Just curious 😉

Loud is not fast or efficient it is just loud.

Exhaust is completely a personal preference. Some like it hot, some like it cold kind of thing. What influences their decision is perfectly fine as long as the owner is happy.

The influence of the exhaust will domino to the efficiency of the bike. Stock tunes need restriction to be efficient. A tuning device may be needed if you open up the exhaust too much to satisfy the need to be loud even though you added no other modification to the bike.

Don't want to get long winded... bottom line is, if you are happy that is all that counts. To make the bike happy it may need a little tuning encouragement.

:Coffee:

Loud is not fast or efficient it is just loud.

Exhaust is completely a personal preference. Some like it hot, some like it cold kind of thing. What influences their decision is perfectly fine as long as the owner is happy.

The influence of the exhaust will domino to the efficiency of the bike. Stock tunes need restriction to be efficient. A tuning device may be needed if you open up the exhaust too much to satisfy the need to be loud even though you added no other modification to the bike.

Don't want to get long winded... bottom line is, if you are happy that is all that counts. To make the bike happy it may need a little tuning encouragement.

:Coffee:

I was just funnin'. I run FM headpipe and stock mufflers.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png