• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Khrome Werks 2+2 Stretch handlebars are on!!! Photos added.

hardwickbv

1500+ Posts
Reaction score
Took my 2017 Tri Glide Last week in for a couple warranty issues, decided while it was there I would have them install some wider handlebars to help my back out some.

Was looking at the Khrome Werks and like the options I was seeing so the dealer contacted them and they (KW) suggested the 2+2 Stretch bars PN 0601-2650 indicated that they would fit and should not need extensions.

Fast forward to yesterday the bars came in and the tech said "these won't work" so after a decent amount of frustration and the dealer contacting KW again and receiving verification that they would fit I told them to put them on.

Hopefully we will know later today whether they will work or not.

The only catch now may be the fact that I have a 2" tank lift on that may cause a problem.

Bob

Took my 2017 Tri Glide Last week in for a couple warranty issues, decided while it was there I would have them install some wider handlebars to help my back out some.

Was looking at the Khrome Werks and like the options I was seeing so the dealer contacted them and they (KW) suggested the 2+2 Stretch bars PN 0601-2650 indicated that they would fit and should not need extensions.

Fast forward to yesterday the bars came in and the tech said "these won't work" so after a decent amount of frustration and the dealer contacting KW again and receiving verification that they would fit I told them to put them on.

The only catch now may be the fact that I have a 2" tank lift on that may cause a problem.

Bob

Mine worked. You should be good. But mine were 2x2 narrow.

2+2 narrow sweepers will work. Remember that the tank lift can allow the tank to be adjusted a bit forward and backwards if needed for clearance.

I have the 2+2 Wide Sweepers, they fit fine. I did use the Harley switch wire extensions, but I could have done it without them. There is a lot of excess wire and cables wire tied under the fairing. I also have the 2" tank lift and the deluxe lift for the rear; I have no clearance problems

It seems some dealers if it don't say HD (High dollar) in the item number the parts don't fit. That is purely for profit margin I believe I would look else where for my parts and service just sayin. I chose the 2+2 Wide Sweepers for the convex curve to clear the fuel tank, 2" deluxe tank lift and air deflectors

Ride safely FredDSC00552.JPG

Just checked Khrome Werks site 0601-2650 is not a good number on their site that I could find. I may be wrong I have been before.

They are on

Just got back and they look and feel great!!!!

It is much easier to turn and I feel like I am not having to lean forward as much.

They are on the Krome Werks website as

1.25" 2+2 Stretch Bagger Handlebar with ETC for 1997-2017 Harley-Davidson[SUP]®[/SUP] models

KW Part # 300302 LeMans Corporation / Drag Specialties 0601-2650

Mid-USA Motorcycle Parts 49-1881

The dealer did use extensions on the wiring, stated the stock wiring was 2" short.

Here are some before and after photos

Before

13 Web Before Bars (3).JPG

After

14  Web After Bars (1).JPG

Before

15 Web Before Bars (4).JPG

After

16 Web After Bars (5).JPG

Before

19 Web Before Bars (5).JPG

After

20 Web After Bars (8).JPG

Before

17 Web Before Bars (6).JPG

After

18 Web After Bars (7).JPG

Nice job you look comfortable enjoy the ride longer you have them the more you will love them. :good: travel safe Fred

Looks more comfortable to me. Great pics. If I did that to my Trike, I'd have to put the short mirrors back on.:laugh:

Took a test drive

Took it out tonight for about a 40 mile drive on some fairly twisty and hilly roads that I ride to work every morning. The first 15 miles has several 45 and 90 degree turns as well as steeper hills with turns on them.

I could really tell the difference with the new bars. The statement that it feels like I added power steering is true. I no longer have to lean into the bars to get the trike to turn and I don't feel like I am leaning forward all the time as I was with the old bars.

Going to give a pretty good workout labor day weekend!!!

Thanks for all the comments

Bob

Bob
Glad these are good for you. Fred

What is the order number for chrome werks for narrow bars will they work on a 2008 ultra classic?

Thanks Greg
Check out Khrome werks website or give them a call. KW PN 300-518 may be the number you are looking for. They are really helpful with questions, and yes they will work on your 08 ultra. I used the wide ones to gain leverage. :D travel safely Fred

e

I guess the $800.00 installed that I paid for HeliBars was not as costly as it seemed. They were installed at Biktoberfest in 2013.
That was a great deal you would be hard pressed to get that again. Those deals are out there right place and right time it could happen tomorrow. I did my own for less than $250 plus tranny oil. ;) Fred

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png