Tools and other stuff

2006gold

950+ Posts
Jun 11, 2013
DFW, Texas
Just checking the tools and other things I carry in the scooters for minor repairs on the road. Besides the tools a unit may come with, I have the following items:

Tire repair kit (plugs)

Battery powered air compressor (Walmart), one of which I have modified the cigarette lighter plug to clips

Duct tape

Gorilla tape

Fuses

Basic Hand tools (unless otherwise equipped, especially an 11 in 1 screw driver)

Multimeter (small, often a freebee from Harbor Freight)

Multi function knife (Swiss Army or similar)

LED light (battery powered, also a freebee from Harbor Freight)

Zip ties

There a few other odd and ends, but those are the basics.

What do any of you carry along for the ride (besides a AAA membership)

Just checking the tools and other things I carry in the scooters for minor repairs on the road. Besides the tools a unit may come with, I have the following items:

Tire repair kit (plugs)

Battery powered air compressor (Walmart), one of which I have modified the cigarette lighter plug to clips

Duct tape

Gorilla tape

Fuses

Basic Hand tools (unless otherwise equipped, especially an 11 in 1 screw driver)

Zip ties

Paper funnel, electrical wire, stainless wire, shop rag, paper towel

Small air compressor, small battery jumper[thing is great for its size], small selection hand tools, multi tool ,flashlight, zip ties,tape. Need good tire plug kit .

I learned from my BMW experience that when I work on my ride ... I use the tool bag I carry ... if I come up short on a tool ... I decide weather the tool would be used on the road ... if so ... I add it to the bag ... if not, I don't.

I also use 4 canvass bank bags .. one for asme, one for metrics, one for misc (screw drivers, pliers, like that), and the last one has specialty tools, oil filter wrench, spark plug socket, etc. These bags lay flat in the bottom of the saddle bags and take up very little room.

Other things, tire plugging kit, mini air compressor, etc., I stuff in amongst my luggage.

I leave the trunk empty for my jacket, and stuff I buy on the trips.

Tools and stuff

Hello,

Great idea,:GoodPost: just got my trike a couple of weeks ago, somewhere in its history before me someone removed the onboard tool-bag and owners manual.

I guess in the back of my mind I have been thinking of stuff I should carry, but seeing your post cements it as a need to carry.

Thank you for posting,

Newbie introduction (Howdy from San Angelo Texas)

David Hilton Ret. USN ETC/SS

Tire repair kit (plugs)

Duct tape

Gorilla tape

Fuses

Zip ties

Same wave link

Hello,

It may sound a bit crazy but I started making a list of stuff to put together to carry on the road, and well I added a digital tire pressure gauge to my list, probably about the same time as you added your post here. :LordHelp:

Take care my psychic friend,

David Hilton Ret. USN ETC/SS

Digital tire pressure gauge

For you that ride 2 up , ya got a trailer to store all that stuff, Except Kevin !

A bikers biggest fear is a flat. Also the newer models are full of torx rather than Allen screws. And like Fuzzy said, my tour pac stays empty for coat , water, and for, to get to stuff.

At most sport shops that sell canoes , they have 2’ long poly bags , that will keep stuff dry and can lay sideways on the passenger seat 2-3 high ,bungied to the grab rail.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png