14' vs 16' Cargo Trailer

Apr 14, 2013
Beach Park, IL USA
If you tow a trailer behind your trike, how often do you take it with you, in the trailer?
Looking for different experiences/opinions. I have looked at many different posts on here, and have found many informative posts, and have come to what I think will work for me.
Looking at a R & R, 7x16 Force Elite. 16' will allow the option of taking the Bushtec trailer with us. Extra room for other items, if no Bushtec. Only option I think would be nice, would be the RV door, w/screen door. Also the E-Track for tie downs on floor, or maybe on walls. Maybe just buy my own and install it.
Any other options you wish you had done, at time of manufacture?

This is just me ... I will only trailer my trike when the weather is bad and I just can't take it anymore ... withdrawal ... in that situation, I doubt I would need to bring my timeout with me ... be more like "go south young man" .. okay old man .. just ride till the craziness passes and go back to winter.

If I am going to take the bike trailer I will ride it there and back. If I need my truck on the trip I will take only the bike/trike. Don't need a trailer then.
No sure of the length of your trailer but if I have to take both I turn the trailer sideways in the trailer in the back. mine is a 7x14 inside.
I ran the e tracks close to the wall and one sideways in the front. I can move my condor any where so it will fit. I haul 3 bikes at times.

If you tow a trailer behind your trike, how often do you take it with you, in the trailer?
Looking for different experiences/opinions. I have looked at many different posts on here, and have found many informative posts, and have come to what I think will work for me.
Looking at a R & R, 7x16 Force Elite. 16' will allow the option of taking the Bushtec trailer with us. Extra room for other items, if no Bushtec. Only option I think would be nice, would be the RV door, w/screen door. Also the E-Track for tie downs on floor, or maybe on walls. Maybe just buy my own and install it.
Any other options you wish you had done, at time of manufacture?

I bought my own E-Track and installed it. It was not very hard.

Thanks for the responses. Went with the 7x16(never enough room, after you buy it). RV door, no screen(velcro my own, for less than $200). Quoted $30 for 10' section of E-Track, with me installing it.
Pictures later when it comes in, in about 3 weeks.
I know I don't have to justify, but, I am still employed, not much vacation time,so, I have to get there and back. Also, after about 4-5 hours in the saddle, I'm done, need to use meds from VA to get moving in the morning, due to back and rod in leg.

First off thank you for your service and welcome home.
Do a search for e tracks. $30 each is a bit much. I paid $14 per section. 8 Feet long.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png