Driveshaft

Has anyone tried the driveshaft from mountain trikes on their csc trike and how does it perform.
Bubba, INstalled the Mtn. Trikes CV joint on my '10 CSC Cobra XL rather than welding the shaft as CSC suggested. Have about 10,000 miles on their CV joint now and am very happy with their fix. In my opinion this is the fix CSC should have developed rather than suggesting welding the driveshaft. I have no affiliation with Mtn. Trikes just think they have a better mousetrap. Go to Lonestar trikes website to get more information on their fix. Hope this helps. I'll keep the group advised on the performanc of my CV joint. Alan Sisters, Oregon.

Last edited:
Now have over 10,000 miles on the Mtn. Trike fix for the CSC driveshaft and no problems. It's smooth and I gained approx. 3 mpgs. with the CV fix. Before the installation of the CV joint from Mtn trikes pushing my trike around by hand was a job as if something was binding in the driveline. After the installation of the Mtn. Trike CV joint I can move my trike with one hand. No more driveline binding. I've had the driveshaft out three times just to check everything and all is well. I sure like Mtn. Trikes fix for the driveshaft. I have no affiliation with them just think this is a better fix than welding the driveshaft.

Last edited:
Hello Guys,
can you tell m if the part to fix the CSC is free of charge or do you have to pay for it? Also is it an easy fix?
The reason I ask is that I have already had a spline failure and had to get new parts from CSC. I live in Scotland and getting the so called weld fix is as rare as hens teeth...
Thanks in advance. ThumbUp

Now have over 10,000 miles on the Mtn. Trike fix for the CSC driveshaft and no problems. It's smooth and I gained approx. 3 mpgs. with the CV fix. Before the installation of the CV joint from Mtn trikes pushing my trike around by hand was a job as if something was binding in the driveline. After the installation of the Mtn. Trike CV joint I can move my trike with one hand. No more driveline binding. I've had the driveshaft out three times just to check everything and all is well. I sure like Mtn. Trikes fix for the driveshaft. I have no affiliation with them just think this is a better fix than welding the driveshaft.

Are they still around ? phone #? website ?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png