I have to ask... ever been hassled or poked at about "training wheels"?

Tritek

10+ Posts
Reaction score
I have to ask... ever been hassled or poked at about "training wheels"?

No matter where I read about outrigger kits there is always someone who chimes in with the comment about them being "training wheels". And technically I suppose they may be correct, but still, there's always a turd in the punchbowl...

I can see the value, especially in a kit like the Voyager, where you get the benefit of stability and the option of riding without the extra wheels, easily. And for those who are in physical need of more stability, it's a cool invention. I am considering them for just such a reason. Plus a real "trike" is out of budget range.

But, of those of you who have kits, do you ever get hassled for it? Maybe a point-and-snicker from someone? And do you care or do you laugh it off and move along?

I just wondered.

No matter where I read about outrigger kits there is always someone who chimes in with the comment about them being "training wheels". And technically I suppose they may be correct, but still, there's always a turd in the punchbowl...

I can see the value, especially in a kit like the Voyager, where you get the benefit of stability and the option of riding without the extra wheels, easily. And for those who are in physical need of more stability, it's a cool invention. I am considering them for just such a reason. Plus a real "trike" is out of budget range.

But, of those of you who have kits, do you ever get hassled for it? Maybe a point-and-snicker from someone? And do you care or do you laugh it off and move along?

I just wondered.

Laugh it off and move along....

I just wondered.

Someone somewhere might always disagree or dislike something that another has. Question is - do you like it?

If you do, then, please move forward and get what you like.

I agree with not giving a crap about others' opinions. Hell, Harley riders even give their own people hell about riding Sportsters... now THAT's picky. :laugh:

I just wondered how often you hear stuff.

Like I said, I think that (if it works as claimed) that a detatchable set of outrigger wheels is friggin brilliant.

Thanks!

People are no damn good, if this is what you can afford, if it keeps you in the wind, no one else matters

Ride on and don't look back

I have guys say to me. Oh you ride a trike not a two wheeler and I say it’s either a Trike or sit at home what will you be riding when you’re 76 years old?

I have guys say to me. Oh you ride a trike not a two wheeler and I say it’s either a Trike or sit at home what will you be riding when you’re 76 years old?

I have fun with people like that….Way back in 08 I had one of the first Spyders in NJ and most comments were just curious people trying to figure out what that is…But this one guy walked up to me as I was pulling away’ And I can tell by his body language. This is going to be interesting..So he asked how do you like it..I said it’s a great machine….He said (With a smirk on his face)..Yeah I’ve been looking at them’ I think I’ll get one for my Girlfriend….And without blinking an eye….I said’ You should ‘ I took her out for a ride the other night and she loved it 🥰….And as I was pulling away I could see the puzzle look on his face…😁.. other than that there were very few negative comments..👍

I'm glad to say I now get to find out firsthand what the comments are like. As soon as I get my InstaTrike installed.

Some people are assholes. It doesn't matter what you ride two ,three, four wheel. If you're riding something different than them, well you're doing it wrong. You have to ignore them or avoid them.:)

Darn straight, screw them A-holes. If you enjoy it go for it and they can kiss your Rosey red butt.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png