Tire PSI Monitors

Anyone using the cap monitors from Big Bike, or anywhere? If so, any comment?

I am currently using the "Tire Guard" show chrome system from Big Bike Parts. I have had the system for about 5 years.

The system is easy to install and setup. The battery life is very good in both the sensors and monitor. I have the small key chain model monitor that I attach to the clutch reservoir with Velcro for easy removal. The monitor is not water resistant. So if it rains, I can easily remove the monitor and store it in one of the glove boxes while still riding.

The system is accurate to within about 1 psi at sea level and about 2psi at elevations over 3000 feet based on manual digital pressure gauge readings.

I had one sensor go bad a few years back while still under warranty. Big Bike Parts replaced the sensor quickly and without any problem.ThumbUp

I do remove the tire sensors and cap off the wheel stem with a standard cap whenever I wash the wheels with a heavy stream of water. I only do this as a precaution. This is not required in the instructions.

Suggest doing some research - there's some question and debate about using these with rubber valve stems. The debate is about centrifugal force leading to rubber valve stem failure, and the need for steel valve stems when using these. Check manufacturer's requirements and fine print. Just a heads up.

using FOBO and really, really like it. they came highly recommended and I've had zero problems with them. ordered them off Amazon and had them within a few days.

whole lot easier than breaking out the tire gauge.

https://my-fobo.com/Product/TRIKE

- - - Updated - - -

here is a review from another Spyder Rider who has run it longer than I have.

and an updated review after many months of use

Mine worked great for less than two months. Tried to resolve the issue with BBP to no avail. Don't expect any customer service if you do have a problem. When they worked they were nice but pretty expensive for just a couple months use.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png