Christmas 25 Dec 1967

MikeyTX

Dead animals deserve balloons...
May 9, 2016
Big Bend Country, TX
[FONT=&quot]The bridge at Katum Vietnam, Dec. 1967 [/FONT]7364089042_c18f399a01_b.jpg [FONT=&quot]This is the dot on the map with the word Katum next to it. A mile and a half from the Cambodian border. No village, town or people (except NVA). Just a bridge over the Prek Klok river, in the middle of miles of triple canopy jungle, bamboo and teak forests. Katum base camp was up the road at the Cambodian border. The NVA blew up this bridge and one before it. The engineers had to bring in a portable AVLB bridge every day and take it away in the evening.[/FONT]

Katum, Vietnam, Dec. 1967

5463826746_16ba99b022_b.jpg [FONT=&quot][/FONT][h=2]Heading towards base camp a few miles up the road near the Cambodian border. Guarding the bridge for the supply trucks bringing in the C rations, beer, water, ammo, mail and the "goodie boxs" with cigs, and candy to Katum base camp. This bridge was destroyed by the NVA and the engineers had to bring in a portable AVLB bridge every morning and take it away in the evening. The wreckage of a previous bridge is off to the right. This bridge was the only way in or out of Katum by road.

[/h]

Katum base camp, Vietnam, Dec. 1967

Home sweet home for some ......... :Shrug: 5463826746_16ba99b022_b.jpg Now if the flash backs will stop long enough for me to get some :vxtyaq: At least no one is setting off fireworks as in years past. Sure wish TX would outlaw the damn stuff once and for all.

I never had a camera over there had enough stuff to carry i was an RTO......But also never stayed in one place too-long, Being in a reactionary platoon.......[Air Mobil]...

Lucky you ......... :D Sometimes I wonder what the hell induced me to volunteer for recon my duce tour. I was an MOS 5800 the first tour in '65. EZ peasy .......... I blame the John Wayne testosterone effect for the latter screw up ......... :laugh:

Lucky you ......... :D Sometimes I wonder what the hell induced me to volunteer for recon my duce tour. I was an MOS 5800 the first tour in '65. EZ peasy .......... I blame the John Wayne testosterone effect for the latter screw up ......... :laugh:

But Wayne was a draft dodger .......

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png