What is that vibration?

SJR

Jun 9, 2011
Bensalem, Pa USA
I have a 2010 Ultra Classic, recently converted to a CSC Daytona. The 2-wheeler used to be smooth as silk all through the gears. Now, I have a pretty noticeable vibration between 1800 and 2400 RPM. It is most pronounced in 5th and 6th gear.
Any Ideas?

Would check your belt see if it tracking Ok, not to far to one side or the other ..I am not sure but mine had a vibration and is a independent suspension trike and the bolts in the axle were loose.... Lost the axle coming home from Erie 2 weeks ago !! Had to be rescued by one of my buddies..Git it home found my builder never tightened the Allen bolts up on the inner part of the drive shaft and they all worked out...Not hard to fix but I have been checking every little thing that could be a problem on down the road....As you can see mines a motor trike gladiator independent suspension !!!! Check wheel balance might have thrown a weight...May loose motor mount, hard to figure it out without having hands on !!!

I have a 2010 Ultra Classic, recently converted to a CSC Daytona. The 2-wheeler used to be smooth as silk all through the gears. Now, I have a pretty noticeable vibration between 1800 and 2400 RPM. It is most pronounced in 5th and 6th gear.
Any Ideas?

Might be a good chance you are simply loading the engine due to the increased load ( weight ) & drag. Try revving it out a little more. :yes:

Hi SJR, I agree with all of the above. In addition, there is one more thing you should check. The rear wheels/shafts. I had a bent (then broken) drive shaft on one side of the differential (IWS) which caused a serious vibration of my mirrors etc. at speeds of 55 - 65 MPH. I would have sworn that it was my front tire out of balance, however, it was a new tire with dynabeads for balancing. After the shaft broke and I replaced it the vibration was gone. Just a suggestion.... I hope it is something simple. Good Luck...

I have a shaky/vibration between 70-80 mph on my csc gw trike.
After taking it to the dealer and they said they could not feel it. I did some research. Jacked up the right and checked everything and then the left. Found the joint close _short axle- to the rear final had movement. Further visual inspection I found this:

IMG_2796Small.jpg

IMG_2795Small.jpg

According to the CSC rep, who approved warranty work during our conversation, the retaining lock had come off that holds the short axle in place. He was surprised that it would still roll.
just a thought

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png