Ural

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Ural Tourist with a 2005 750cc engine. Love to ride it. It makes you sit high, actually ride quite smooth, tops out at 75 mph but ride all day at 55 mph, super easy to maintain and work on, get's looks everywhere I go, great for shopping, and the dogs (passed away now), jumped in every Saturday morning for their ride around town. It's down right now for alternator problems and starter drive gear, but sneaking time here and there to get her back on the road.

I have a 2001 Ural Tourist with a 2005 750cc engine. Love to ride it. It makes you sit high, actually ride quite smooth, tops out at 75 mph but ride all day at 55 mph, super easy to maintain and work on, get's looks everywhere I go, great for shopping, and the dogs (passed away now), jumped in every Saturday morning for their ride around town. It's down right now for alternator problems and starter drive gear, but sneaking time here and there to get her back on the road.

I looked at the Ural long and hard, 2W Drive...But they need a larger engine to top some of the hills where i ride in the Trike-State area ..NJ/PA/NY....The manufacture list as 62 as top speed, I know a guy in town that has one, And he ask me if i knew another way he can go to were i go in NY...Because his tops out a 50/55 at full throttle with the engine screaming all the way up the hills, Kinda takes the fun out of the ride....:Shrug:

Power

I looked at the Ural long and hard, 2W Drive...But they need a larger engine to top some of the hills where i ride in the Trike-State area ..NJ/PA/NY....The manufacture list as 62 as top speed, I know a guy in town that has one, And he ask me if i knew another way he can go to were i go in NY...Because his tops out a 50/55 at full throttle with the engine screaming all the way up the hills, Kinda takes the fun out of the ride....:Shrug:

I agree with the power issue. Had a road trip to Kerrville Texas a few years ago and the mountains played hell on the engine. Many times I was in first gear to crest the top and it did take all the fun out of the ride. Now on flat terrain she is great. Upping the power probably isn't feasible since the rear end would probably blow up. In fact that's the reason my wife bought the Stratoliner for me. Now I can keep up with the group. Of course the downside to two wheels are my knees and back. Lets just say I've never dropped the bike, but sure spilled several drinks!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png