Smoky Mountain suggestions

Jun 6, 2017
Moville, IOWA
Okay looking for some suggestions as I'm starting to plan my trip for next summer to the Smoky Mountains leaving from the great state of Iowa. The Bucket List includes the Dragon Tail but my main question is I want to find one place in that region for lodging that'll let me road trip each day and come back to the same spot each evening. Staying 4 nights 5 days and most likely will be my only trip there so want to make the most of it and hit some of the best roads which basically means I'd like to find one spot to headquarters out of. I hate packing up and unpacking each day.

So those who have been there done that and did it several times let me know your thoughts and suggestions lodging wise and roads to ride. Is there one time of the year that's better than the other time to make this trip?

Much appreciated input.

We stay in Sylva NC when we go up. It's really close to the BRP and about 45 minute ride to Deals Gap. To get to Deals Gap you can take The Moonshiner 28 which is also a very nice ride. Sylva is also very close to Maggie Valley and Cherokee. Great Craft Beer too.

Okay looking for some suggestions as I'm starting to plan my trip for next summer to the Smoky Mountains leaving from the great state of Iowa. The Bucket List includes the Dragon Tail but my main question is I want to find one place in that region for lodging that'll let me road trip each day and come back to the same spot each evening. Staying 4 nights 5 days and most likely will be my only trip there so want to make the most of it and hit some of the best roads which basically means I'd like to find one spot to headquarters out of. I hate packing up and unpacking each day.

So those who have been there done that and did it several times let me know your thoughts and suggestions lodging wise and roads to ride. Is there one time of the year that's better than the other time to make this trip?

Much appreciated input.

I would suggest you look at the town of Hot Springs, NC not to from TOD and some of the best riding in Western NC. And don't miss the hot springs after a day of riding.

We stay in Sylva NC when we go up. It's really close to the BRP and about 45 minute ride to Deals Gap. To get to Deals Gap you can take The Moonshiner 28 which is also a very nice ride. Sylva is also very close to Maggie Valley and Cherokee. Great Craft Beer too.

Lots of good eats in / near .... Sylva / Dillsboro / Waynesville / Maggie Valley / Clyde as well.

Lots of good rides .... even old US64 down through the gorge to Highlands ... eat then take 106/via Scaly Mountain / Sky Valley back to 441/23 North.

There really are some prettier rides than the dragon.

We do have lots of roads that truly do compete with the Dragon. In NC, Tn. and Ga. If I had a way to get your mailing address, I would send you a great map showing riding loops within the whole area. They are free in tons of places.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png