Ride or tow long distance?

I ride every chance I get. Have NEVER towed. Pushing 200,000 total miles on three different trikes. Getting ready for my seventh cross-country roundtrip (California - Washington, DC - California). Usually runs about 6300 miles.

We often tow - the Bunkhouse camper behind the trike. 600 miles from home just south of Joplin, MO to Mom's house when we take the trip up north, will be riding to The Rally In The Valley, just about an 800 mile trip, most likely 500 or 600 miles the first day and on to Maggie Valley the second. Will tow the camper.

Ridding is wonderful any where every where pittisbugh pa to phoenix az last year pittsburgh to LA. in the plans for june this year. Be safe and enjoy

In Ohio's Spring, Summer, and Fall we ride--and cross-country/long trips are my favorite! In the winter here, we will load up the bike and trike and tow them South then ride when we get to warmer weather.

I love that both of us are still able to comfortably enjoy riding as we do. But believe me, when we reach the point where we both are not able to, we won't hesitate to trailer and just take shorter rides at our destination. We are going to do what it takes to keep riding as much as we are able! Trailers are very useful items in achieving that goal ;).

We ride everywhere we go. Planning a trip this summer to South Dakota and then one down to Gulf Shores AL where we go just about every year for the past 15 years or so. Love to ride and getting there on the back roads is just what makes the trips better. Plan on riding as long as we are able and hope thats many more years.

Ya know, sometime you just have to put it in a trailer.... My wife can not ride any more so we on occasion will hitch up the cargo trailer to the RV so I can take my toys along. Just depends on the destination and how much time I'll have to ride.

If it's just me taking the trip -- well that's a no-brainer....

I have never trailered mine to date. I prefer to ride regardless of the distance.One my trips this year is to Yellowstone. I do have a Haulmark MC trailer. Possibly in the future my bride and I will not physically be able to ride long distances and then at that time I will probably use my trailer.

We have a brand new Wells Cargo trailer for the trike but have never used it - if we're goin' on a trip, we load up the tow-behind trailer, I plop down on the trike's back seat and stay there for 14-15 hours, or till John gets tired. Next day, we go some more. And the next. This year we're makin' two 'big trips' and will do so until we're too old (HA! We're already there!) to do so. Havin' fun and rackin' up the miles . . .

Never trailer, always ride. Last year we rode all the way to the west coast and back. Best trip we ever took. The ride was the vacation and not the actual destination...

I ride every place I want to go, my biggest limitation is the amount of vacation I have. If I had lots of free time I'd be wearing out bikes and trikes left and right.

Does it really matter how you do it? The point is people tow and ride for a reason. The reason the wife and I tow more now, we bought a Toyhauler and can take our home with us. We are older and want a comfortable bed like our's at home to sleep in. We are retired and go away sometime for a month or more. I've never really liked Motel's. You don't know who slept in or what they did in the bed before you got there. Each to their own, Just do it!

Before we retired we rode every where went. We have rode a bike or a trike to all the lower 48 states. We retired last year and live fulltime in our 40 foot 5th wheel so now we tow. All the way to Alaska and back to Texas spending 6 weeks on Oregon coast last year. We still managed to put 8000 miles on our new 2011 Harley TriGlide. From June of last year to January of this year. So even thow we tow we still ride a lot, The main thing is to enjoy and we do. Headed to the Hill Country in Texas week end after next great roads and pretty sights hope to see yall on the road. George

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png