No leg still riding

hotsyman

Apr 4, 2012
Woodland NC
My story is i had a guy made a left turn in front me i hit in front of his car wen i came off the bike my left foot got hung under shifter pull my leg apart broke my wrist. I bled out 8 prinst of blood it happen July 4 2011. I had 13 surgery's on my stump he had no insurance but anyway stay in hospital 2 months got out of hospital, took for every to get my leg got a trike before got my leg doing good my phantom pain is still bad
William

Good luck William. Stay positive and be glad u r alive. Ive been there and done that, been down in the dumps but am pulling myself out. Tks for sharing.

ThumbUp,,,,,,I admire your fortitude , keep it up you may not realize how you inspire others . There's a guy that attends the,, Trail of Tears,, annual ride each year that rides his bike sitting on a side mount in his wheel chair . I see him and think that's somebody that won't take no for a answer . So I wish you the best of luck , and happy trails ........ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

Hang in there, Bud. I lost my left leg a year ago and am still trying to get the prosthesis to fit right. My favorite comment, "One-legged don't mean half-assed."

I have a left leg that is barely useable, and can't get to the shifter. I have installed a Pingel Shifter on my trike so I could keep riding. I love it in the mountains.

Left AKA here. Brother, we are all members of a select fraternity who must overcome that little bump in the road of life. I got hit while on my Buell Ulysses on a dirt road in WV, Leg off at the scene and over an hour for the first responders to get there. Every one of us on here has a tale to share. We all took a different path to get here, but from here on out we ride united down the same road. What works for one may not work for another, but to share our thoughts and ideas with each other may help answer those questions of how to do this or how to make that. Best of luck Brother!

Fantastic Fortitude in this Thread....CONGRATS to each and every One of You for grabbing Life when it's at it's worst and hanging tough. Definitely inspiring to the rest of us.....ThumbUp :10:

At the end of the day, nothing beats riding. Time in the saddle seems to cure many things while out on the back roads enjoying a great ride. Enjoy your ride.

Lost both legs below knee under a train while working when I was 20. Started riding the trike 4 years ago and just had a Frankenstein kit installed on her to replace the old Trinity trike kit.
The only space that limits us is the 6 inches between the ears.

I golf too and have played in amputee golf events all over the world.

Here's a picture of my trike at a recent show and shine.

David in Canada.

I lost my left leg AK in 2012 to a Drugged Driver, he crossed the double yellow and took me down the left side almost head on. I lost my leg, shattered my pelvis (now have some impressive hardware holding it together) and lost about 1/2 pound of meat from my left forearm. My new Voyager was at home so after I got out of the hospital 2 months later, we started plans to convert my Voyager to a trike utilizing the MotorTrike conversion. So believe me I feel for you Bro. I only truly feel normal when I am back on the Trike. I have gone through intensive pain learning to use my prostetic, but each day I get more and more mobility out of it. I have mastered the tumbshift and truly enjoy my ride.

Nick:cool:

just lost my left leg above the knee three months ago after totaling my 12 streetglide. most likely will get a freewheeler. i gonna ride again no matter what. sure would like to remain on two wheels, but i don't think it's gonna happen. what i was wondering how many people can shift their bike with a fake leg? i would think that i could just lift the whole leg and shift, but this is still very new to me.

Bro I recomed the Pringle electronic shifter with thumb shift it has worked great for me. As a AK(Above Knee Amputee) you are better off on 3 wheels. That was my hardest reality check other than riding through the crash site

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png