Back home from NETT rally

Bikerbozo

Class Clown
Jun 9, 2010
Coram, NY USA
Thought I would start a new thread for those logging in when they arrive home from NETT rally.
So......We made it home. Did it on one tank of gas with a gallon to spare. Made it to ferry at 1pm.
Note to John, I took Rt 8 all the way down through MA. Really nice route. Came out on Rt. 20 east of Otis.

Didn't make it home Bozo, but we did make it to the LL Bean store in Freeport. Run over to Mt Washington in the morning and then turn south for 900 or so.

Jeannette and I are home safe and sound. Rode almost all the way with Warren and Barbara. Fun! We started in the clouds in the mountains, but sun came out by the time we got to Bennington. Tried the Taconic Parkway on the way home. It is a nice road, but there are not many services. Lots of flowers and no trucks... It's nice to be home!

Jeannette and I are home safe and sound. Rode almost all the way with Warren and Barbara. Fun! We started in the clouds in the mountains, but sun came out by the time we got to Bennington. Tried the Taconic Parkway on the way home. It is a nice road, but there are not many services. Lots of flowers and no trucks... It's nice to be home!

After being concerned ahead of time about possible rain for the trip home, the day turned out great. No weather problems. To make it even better, we had great riding partners in Leo and Jeannette. Stopped a few times, including a "random" lunch stop (that turned out very nice).

After we "waved goodbye" to Leo, there was only 52 miles to go for us.

We were safely home before dark - including another gas stop to fill-up for the next outing.

This was our first official rally after becoming trike owners last September and Karen and I had the best time and I just called Carina to mark us down for next year. We made new friends, Gunny, Debbie, Toni, Moe and Linda and along with John and Honey made the trek home yesterday down Rt 100/8 all the way. The weather was great the whole time except for a bit of drizzle one day and yesterday turned into a really nice day.

Glad to meet you all and looking forward to the next time....

Doug and Karen

This is our first year on a trike and our first trike rally. What a great time, we started out with 4 of us heading up by the time we left for the rally we were 7. Did not know each other before, spent the weekend riding together having a great time and meeting new people. We made our reservations for next years rally. We all have a plan to meet up again if not before to ride together again. Looking to hit places we did not get a chance to get to this year.
Linda and I have been to many rally's over the last 25+ years and we both feel that this was one of the best we have attended by far. Everyone was so friendly and open, the Inn was GREAT and of course the area has wonderful roads (except the construction on 100).

Linda is slowly getting back to normal, no TV for 3 days was traumatic!

Moe & Linda

Hi All,

We made back to RI Safe & Sound without the navigation trauma we had on the way up thanks to input from the DougV, Debbie, et. al. Turns out you can't get there (West Dover) from here (Jamestown , RI) very well at all without going on highways!

Gary was looking at our bikes after the ride, and as some of you know, we did some off roading! Our oil coolers are totally caked with mud! very hard to clean out. So I suggest that you with harleys take a look at those oil coolers! These things run hot enough already! Guess we'll put on those mud flaps we've procrastinated about!

So Moe & Gunny, I learned a few things on this trip. Tighten the gas cap a lot to prevent the engine light from coming on, and don't put you iphone next to the key fob in the fairing bag as it causes the security warning light to go on (little red key)! I read the manual when I got home.

Forgot to put the manual on the bike when we left for VT.

Looking forward to seeing you all next year, if not before, at the GGI!

Had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people! Excellent job by the rally committee as well! Thank You!

Best,

Cath & Gary.

We are home after visiting Portland, Freeport, Gohram, Mt Washington. 2400 + trouble free miles. Enjoyed the TT Rally and all of the beautiful sights that we could squeeze in. ThumbUp

We are home after visiting Portland, Freeport, Gohram, Mt Washington. 2400 + trouble free miles. Enjoyed the TT Rally and all of the beautiful sights that we could squeeze in. ThumbUp

Great to meet you and say hello at the Rally. I've been to most of the places you visited, but as driver of a tour bus with 40 or 50 folks on board. At Mt. Washington, parked at the bottom and the tour group (and me) took the cog railway to the top. Interesting never-the-less.

Glad you're home safely and that you had a great trip... ThumbUp

Back home in Mississippi ,Had A great time ,come home down the sky line drive , seen a Bear,Deer , all roads were clear of bad back ups not much rain just hit and miss showers .Hope too see U all some were some time ThumbUp Smooth Roads / Fair Skys

Dennis, Glad you had a nice ride and made it home safely. Wish we would of had more time to talk. Enjoyed hearing about the Natchez Trace. Maybe we'll meet again at Maggie Valley. Leo

Leo you live in some beautiful country. On the way home we decided to put the White Mountain area on the list for another visit.

Leo you live in some beautiful country. On the way home we decided to put the White Mountain area on the list for another visit.

Keith, Jeannette and I were born and raised in the White Mountains. Relocated to NJ 42 years ago for better job opportunities. We never moved back, although we go back to visit family and friends. It will always be home, and we will be buried there. Love the fresh smell of the North Woods. Haven't been anywhere that smells the same, and we have traveled a lot.

Attachments

• Mt7 (640x480).jpg
    Mt7 (640x480).jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Mt11 (640x480).jpg
    Mt11 (640x480).jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Mt8 (640x480).jpg
    Mt8 (640x480).jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 104
  • wm4 (640x473).jpg
    wm4 (640x473).jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 100
A great rally. Scenery just kept getting better. The Bryant House at VT country store for lunch was a real treat.:)

Biker Jack - it was great to see you at the rally although somehow our visit wasn't long enough. Glad you enjoyed the scenery and ride(s). Hope it's not another year before we "cross paths" again. ThumbUp

IT says you went to mount washington? Did you go to the top of mount washington ?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png