Floorboard removal/ speaker replacement

Reaction score
Howdy

Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to remove/re-install the right floorboard on a RSV Hannigan? I need a small area repaired and painted. The body shop estimates 3-5 days and they don't have a lift that will work on the trike so they insist on removing the floorboard. If I can bring them just the floorboard I can save money on labor and not tie up the entire trike!

Also has anyone replaced their stock speakers with the Polk 4" DB401's and was there a noticeable
improvement in sound quality?

mozrocks

Polk 4" DB401's and yes there a noticeable diff.
Call Jim G at Hannigan and ask him how to remove it.
Jim Gooch
Hannigan Motorsports
270-753-4256 ext. 225

OR
email him.. phone is faster
Jim <jim.hms@apex.net>
Cougar

Thanks for the response! I installed the Polk's in the front and yes they sound good but I noticed distortion at higher volume. Is this caused by clipping? Do I need to install an amplifier? If so can anyone recommend an amp that will clean up the distortion?

I have tried amps, don't bother.
For the distortion you can try bass blockers, your (our) problem is all in the radio head. you will never get better then what you have now. so save your time and money.
The problem is the front fairing as you will notice better performance from the rears as they are better closed in. hope all this makes since to you.

I have tried amps, don't bother.
For the distortion you can try bass blockers, your (our) problem is all in the radio head. you will never get better then what you have now. so save your time and money.
The problem is the front fairing as you will notice better performance from the rears as they are better closed in. hope all this makes since to you.

Yep, makes sense! I think I'm having a senior moment as I'm staring at the rear speakers and wondering how to crack them open? Do I need to pull the trunk off? I pulled the rubber pad off the top and removed 3 screws and that's where I'm at!

mozrocks

Nope just carefully lift the arm rest pads off the arms.
I am OLD to LOL , remove rear seat for some room if needed
It is held on with grey 3M tape, might want to have some laying around
just in case, I have been able to re-use mine several times.
Then I think you can handle it from there :)
Keep us posted.
Jeff

I think I did a write up on it years ago at the venture site.
Or its also on the other ventuers site as well.

Nope just carefully lift the arm rest pads off the arms. I am OLD to LOL , remove rear seat for some room if needed It is held on with grey 3M tape, might want to have some laying around just in case, I have been able to re-use mine several times. Then I think you can handle it from there :) Keep us posted. Jeff I think I did a write up on it years ago at the venture site. Or its also on the other ventuers site as well.
Well I got one side almost apart but something is keeping it together at the bottom of the enclosure! I don't know if there's a screw or what? I don't want to be too heavy handed with ABS. Has anyone else had this issue? mozrocks

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png