Wyoming

Feb 25, 2013
casper,wy. usa
I found this on the facebook, I didn't write it but I live in Casper and thought I would share it with you.

safe_image.php

http://themetapicture.com/what-is-it-like-living-in-wyoming/

These photos were taken the 2nd week of June

continental devide.jpgtogowotee 2.jpgentry picture.jpg

Let me know when you come through guys?

A word to wise? The weather is pretty chancy out here until about the third week of june especially in the high country.

Thanks for the heads up about the weather. I'll see about moving everything back a week. We are hoping to come in from the west side around Jackson Hole and going up through Yellowstone and then heading back east or southeast from there. Can you give me any good places to stay? I know around Yellowstone it will be hard to find something on short notice but we don't know the exact date we will get there. When we are out on the road we try to not schedule in advance.

Thanks Ed

Thanks for the heads up about the weather. I'll see about moving everything back a week. We are hoping to come in from the west side around Jackson Hole and going up through Yellowstone and then heading back east or southeast from there. Can you give me any good places to stay? I know around Yellowstone it will be hard to find something on short notice but we don't know the exact date we will get there. When we are out on the road we try to not schedule in advance.

Thanks Ed

Coming in from the west around Jackson hole is a sweet route to ride.ThumbUp
here's the deal, everything you find in Jackson hole is going to be at a premium price. Try looking into areas before you get there perhaps on the Idaho side of (Jackson pass?) the other alternative is a whole lot of mountain resorts that the summer rates wont have gone up yet do to the season just beginning. Perhaps in the alpine junction area? The Pinedale (Hoback junction) area is close enough to Jackson and allot calmer, around Swan Valley, Idaho.

:Coffee: Jackson Hole itself is ok if you have never been there but it's a place I normally just pass through due to tourism, traffic etc. The place is just to congested to suit me. Your wife will hate you if you don't let her shop all the tourist places so plan to give her time for the sake of her sanity? ( Go sit in the silver dollar bar for the sake of yours?):Shrug:

:AGGHH: Don't depend on the Harley shop in Jackson for anything worthwhile for the bike its an accessory shop only.
Jackson hole it's self wont have anything in the line of campgrounds they are to be found outside the immediate area.

Consider this? The billionaires drove out the millionaires in Jackson hole and that should give you an Idea, besides the real attractions are outside of town.
(there's just sumpin about the place that chaps my ass!) :kpzxvq:

When you get to Yellowstone it's pretty hard to get a room inside the park its- self unless booking far ahead of time but the time of year may factor in?
I would suggest Pahaska teepee lodge outside of Cody, WY.ThumbUp it's about two miles outside the entrance to the park. Cody may have something reasonable also, and the buffalo bill museum in Cody is well worth it if you give yourself plenty of time to actually see it?

Go over to the trike travel forum and look up(" here's what happens when you hit Wyoming's high country in mid June")ThumbUp and also the thread (" Yellowstone Nat. Park")ThumbUp I put up last year and see photos of the park and some at Pahaska lodge.
They have a good restaurant there also and I really enjoyed the A frame cabins.

While in the trike travel forum look up the tread ( "Trip of a lifetime")ThumbUp from Nov. 2013.
I talk details about the area your headed to and also some you may want to consider adding to your route to make it truly a wonderful ride ok?

Given the opportunity and if health permits I may just meet up and say hello or perhaps ride a little way with you?
The park is only about four hrs. from me.:clapping:

Don't forget the Chief Joseph Highway from Cody going west. It ends in the Beartooth Pass Highway going up to Red Lodge Montana. Or you can just continue on southwest into Yellowstone. Great views in the Northeast cornor of Yellowstone.

You blew it, now you will be overrun by tourists on trikes:D

:Coffee:I aint affeard brother wolf, They will all disappear come winter!

wolf5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the Chief Joseph Highway from Cody going west. It ends in the Beartooth Pass Highway going up to Red Lodge Montana. Or you can just continue on southwest into Yellowstone. Great views in the Northeast cornor of Yellowstone.

You have that right! But I wouldn't head to bear tooth pass until May?
Chief Joseph is a must see and I think I spoke of it in "trip of a lifetime?"
I cant remember unless I re-read what I wrote there?

:laugh:Lack of oxygen I suppose?:AGGHH:

We had good luck getting rooms in Yellowstone last summer but you have to call many many times and catch cancelations to do it. I actually liked Jackson Hole. Couldn't afford it but still loved it. I don't think you will find too many places in that whole area that you won't like. I will second Pinedale for a stop. Get you a strombomb stout at the brewery they have across from the post office. Best beer I ever had. Good luck with your trip, you will love the area.

The wife and I did the "Curve Cowboy Reunion" in Grand Teton NP several years ago. The Curve Cowboys were (are?) a group dedicated to the BMW K1200LT touring bikes, and there were several hundred of them staying at the Grand Teton Lodge for the week. We booked a cabin at the Colter Bay village, and had a great time exploring the parks and shopping in Jackson and Cody. If you've never been, I highly recommend the Buffalo Bill and Western Art museum in Cody.

The wife and I did the "Curve Cowboy Reunion" in Grand Teton NP several years ago. The Curve Cowboys were (are?) a group dedicated to the BMW K1200LT touring bikes, and there were several hundred of them staying at the Grand Teton Lodge for the week. We booked a cabin at the Colter Bay village, and had a great time exploring the parks and shopping in Jackson and Cody. If you've never been, I highly recommend the Buffalo Bill and Western Art museum in Cody.

Thanks for your response, The area around coulter bay is great. Most folks don't realize that if you stand at coulter bay and look across the lake they are seeing the area where Jackson hole and the Tetons are, makes you realize the Journey of John Coulter (mountain Man).
John Coulter was on the original treck made by Lewis and Clark and just never went back with them being distracted by fur trapping.
Some folks don't realize that Coulters hell was not exactly in the park (but encompassing it) but on the river the Indians called "stinking water" and as near as I can figure was covered over by the buffalo bill dam. The fire hole river might give us a clue as to what that may have been like? I have read up on John coulter and I think I would need a map to remember all the country he covered and keep it straight in my head.
John had two very narrow escapes from the Blackfeet tribe and eventually retired in Missouri?
Daniel Boone had quite a bit of age on him by then but I read they knew each other? all this around 1808-1813? if I remember correctly.

I have seen the crowd of BMW riders come through and knew they had a rally, Thought it was in Cody?

The buffalo bill museum is a wonder and it's hard to see it all in one day.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png