EML Manhatten

Jun 11, 2013
shropshire
Any owners of the above conversion here?
Got some questions but there doesn't seem to be anywhere that owners post and no help from the agents
Cheers,
Pete

Thanks Sloufoot; sorry to take so long getting back. To be fair to EML, they are in a different country with a different language, it's the English agents that are unhelpful; was just hoping someone had a shortcut before I have to learn Dutch... Cheers, Pete

The one concern I have is the rear disk brakes. The website listed "4 piston brakes". Having dual 4 piston calipers what size are the pistons in the rear brakes? Reason I point this out is, if you don't have enough brake fluid and volume to meet the needs of the calipers your rear brake pedal will be soft when a hard stop situation occurs.

The stock rear master cylinder can handle 2 small rear calipers or drum brake pistons and still give good brake pedal. I would ask for the caliper manufacture and do some calculations for overall ratio

The one concern I have is the rear disk brakes. The website listed "4 piston brakes". Having dual 4 piston calipers what size are the pistons in the rear brakes? Reason I point this out is, if you don't have enough brake fluid and volume to meet the needs of the calipers your rear brake pedal will be soft when a hard stop situation occurs.

The stock rear master cylinder can handle 2 small rear calipers or drum brake pistons and still give good brake pedal. I would ask for the caliper manufacture and do some calculations for overall ratio

Thanks FLTR; the set up on mine is that the rear brake pedal operates both rear calipers plus one of the front - it is, as you say, softer, with longer travel, but still pretty powerful with no chance of locking up the wheels - unless you're riding on ice!
Think the reason for this is that many (most?) users will be car drivers, used to one pedal...if you add in the front, one disc from the lever, bang, you just stop. The twin-disc front would be too much for any non-motorcyclist - hello hedge.
Also, one disc on the front is quite enough to lock it.
The rear master cylinder has been modified to add a remote fluid reservoir mounted above the existing; I can't fault all the thought that has gone into this - just the after-sales service by the importers.
Thank you for your input; ride safe!
Cheers,
Pete

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png