New GW CSC Trike Owner Question

vbusby63

1+ Posts
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the trike world and to this site...

I recently had my '23 Goldwing Tour converted to a trike via the CSC Encore kit.

Was wondering what others who have this setup did (if anything) about the gap caused when the passenger backrest was pushed back 1.5 inches.

I love my CSC conversion but their "fix" is really anything but. Is there a company out their manufacturing a filler for this? If not, what did you do to address it?

Thanks for any feedback!

My brother, NJMike and I had our bikes converted over to CSC this past October and we noticed the same thing. I don’t think there’s any problem with that? I have not seen any filler for the problem. I would call Will at CSC and see what he thinks?

Hi all,

I recently had my '23 Goldwing Tour converted to a trike via the CSC Encore kit.

Was wondering what others who have this setup did (if anything) about the gap caused when the passenger backrest was pushed back 1.5 inches.

I love my CSC conversion but their "fix" is really anything but. Is there a company out their manufacturing a filler for this? If not, what did you do to address it?

Thanks for any feedback!

Hi Vic,

Good to see you on the forum. The black upholstered vinyl cover/gap filler included in CSC's Encore conversion is what is installed by the local CSC dealer during the build, me in this case. The gap between the rear of the seat and the backrest pad is there by design and was added due to customer demand for extra passenger room. Pretty much all the trike conversion manufacturers have added a bit more space to that area. I don't know of any aftermarket company that offers anything and we have never really had any complaints on CSC's filler, but I understand it is subjective.

Hi all,

Thanks for any feedback!

Welcome to Trike-Talk….Victor..👍..

Kuryakin makes one for the Harley Ultra. Didn't see one for the Wing - however, give them a call. They may have something.

By the way, I didn't use in on my Ultra -wife said she didn't need it.

I had my seat off a number of times after the CSC conversion because the cruise control wasn’t working properly. I noticed that there is a black flap that lies under the gap. I assume it is there to keep rain off the electrical stuff underneath. As long as that works I’m good.

I too was worried about that gap thinking about the rain flowing underneath the seat. I think you’re right about that flap. I don’t believe CSC would’ve made this knowing there was gonna be a rain water issue. Thanks for the info.

BTW, Victor, I would really appreciate your input on the chat below about MPG loss after the conversion…if you get a chance to check it. Ironhorse54 and I converted our ‘21’s in October.

BTW, Victor, I would really appreciate your input on the chat below about MPG loss after the conversion…if you get a chance to check it. Ironhorse54 and I converted our ‘21’s in October.

I never bothered checking MPG before the conversion but next time i fill up i'll see about getting a number for you.

When we had RDL redo our seat, we had them add 1'' or so to the length of the seat.

You could also talk to someone who does automotive upholstery and they should be able to make a filler tube.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png