Flushing Brake system

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Goldwing with a 2008 Motor Trike Spyder kit. I had the bike serviced and inspected by a Honda dealer in Ohio which suggested that I have the brake system flushed. I drove it home, about 100 miles, and made an appointment with a local dealership to have the clutch system, radiator and brake system flushed. Two days later, I picked up the bike, went for a nice ride and parked it. Several days later, I looked at the receipt and saw that it said Flush "front" brake system. My question is, can the front brake system be flushed without flushing the rear system? If so, would a Honda dealer, really flush just the front system and not touch or mention that the rear system should be flushed? Is the brake system on the MT kit designed such that a Honda dealer won't flush it?

Thank you,

Head Scratcher in INDY!

Larry

Just my thoughts from reading the trike boards over the years....The front is A Honda....

The rear end is something else...So its out of some dealers expertise...

Just curious why didn't you have the first dealer do it when he recommend it...:Shrug:

I have a 2008 Goldwing with a 2008 Motor Trike Spyder kit. I had the bike serviced and inspected by a Honda dealer in Ohio which suggested that I have the brake system flushed. I drove it home, about 100 miles, and made an appointment with a local dealership to have the clutch system, radiator and brake system flushed. Two days later, I picked up the bike, went for a nice ride and parked it. Several days later, I looked at the receipt and saw that it said Flush "front" brake system. My question is, can the front brake system be flushed without flushing the rear system? If so, would a Honda dealer, really flush just the front system and not touch or mention that the rear system should be flushed? Is the brake system on the MT kit designed such that a Honda dealer won't flush it?

Thank you,

Head Scratcher in INDY!

Larry

I would think that flushing the brake system would mean the whole brake system, front and rear.

Unless the conversion was done less than 5 years ago, flushing the rear system should have been done.

The systems are separate of each other and that makes it even less complicated than it was originally.

If you had the 2012 brake recall done recently, that would have involved the rear brakes only.

It appears there was a communication error in play here.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png