Jim Murphy aka Lee H Mann Has Passed

Papa Zook

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 14, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Jim Murphy's wife, Chris called me a couple of days ago to tell me that Jim had passed. I honestly haven't had the strength or words to post it here until now because it really hit me hard.

Though we never had the opportunity to meet in person, Jim and I have been good friends for many years and talked regularly by phone and texted and messaged one another almost every day. If the forum went down, or there was a glitch in a thread, Jim was the first to call or text me to let me know.

Chris told me that Jim loved Trike Talk and I was surprised to learn that per Jim's instructions, I was the only person he insisted she call at his passing. This was because Jim strongly wanted me and all of you to know that this forum and the many friends he has made here, truly meant the world to him. Chris said she could not stress that enough, and that even though he had been very sick for a very long time, he lived for this forum and its members, so much so he barely wanted to do anything else.

Chris said it gave him so much satisfaction to be able to help all who asked for help on their trike. She said it was his life's purpose and absolutely 100% added years to his life. I felt this from talking to Jim over the years, and especially lately, as he called me to let me know the end was near.

So, I am sharing with you all, that Jim said to tell you all that though he is no longer here in the flesh, he is with us in spirit and is thankful that his words, advice and knowledge will live here forever.

OMG Randy! That is truly sad news. I have known Jim for a number of years and visited his shop whenever we rode down to Martinsburg. He was a very knowledgeable man and would help all who needed assistance. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

Prayers lifted for his family and friends.

Jim, rest in peace my friend.

Last edited:
This truly is a huge loss

I had very high respect for Jim, tho I never met him

He was a wealth of knowledge and he will be missed greatly

I pray for his wife and family members tonight

Go in Peace Jim

I am sorry to hear this. So many of our friends are going home to the Lord.

There are many on this forum that will miss him. My wife and I will add his family and friends to our prayer list for peace and comfort.

This is truly a loss for Trike Talk and humanity. I wish the best for Jim's wife and family.

I have had several very enjoyable phone conversations with Jim over the past several years. His compassion and understanding for his surroundings and worldly events was very evident.

Jim will be dearly missed.

RIP Jim.

I had no idea Jim was sick… he always spoke with such spirit and compassion… was so very knowledgeable and helpful. He is probably the last resource for parts and knowledge of the original Lehman trike line. He will be missed. Thoughts of peace and comfort for his wife and family..

Randy..thank you for letting us know.

It is really sad to hear this Papa, Jim was a tremendous asset to Trike Talk with his considerable knowledge and will be missed.

Condolences to family and friends.

RIP Jim

Oh no, I loved reading Jim's political posts, we were so much on the same page. I will miss this fine man with the screen name of Lee H Man and I never even knew him. Rest in eternal peace Jim Murphy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png