New Windshield

Dec 22, 2015
Murfreesboro, TN
I am needing to buy a new windshield for my 03 Goldwing RoadSmith trike and am looking for some ideas or advice? I have been looking at the Long Ride Shields. I am looking for one that will move the air over my wife when she is riding. I also think I should get one with a vent? Thanks in advance

I have the LRS with vent on my Roadsmith and it does a fair job. I particularly like being able to look over and my co-rider thinks it is a little better than OEM. For the price it seems like a pretty good deal. I've had mine on for about a year now and my only complaint is it seems to scratch a little easier than the OEM. But, I like the way it looks and works so all is good.

Many folks like "F4 type", tall windshields. I prefer "shorties" and being able to look over the top of the shield for a clear view of the road ahead.

Take a close look at our sig pic, below. The '87 has a tall shield and, although OK, is not my favorite. The '95 has a short "Windbender" (click) which I even modified to get it about 1" lower. If needed, when riding 2-up, it is easily height adjustable.

At least take a look at their site and watch the video...

Good luck with whatever you choose!

image.jpegimage.jpeg
Here is mine on a 02 GL-1800. Tulsa tall..could be extra tall, but windshield was on trike when bought it. I am in Florida, can't get to original list of extras on trike.
Pros:
Great wind protection for me and passenger
(tunnel foam..helps a lot with wind and rain)
Great rain proctection from rain for both
No distortion looking through windshield
Heavy plastic, no vibrations of windshield
Cons:
Need to be careful getting on trike
Short riders look through windshield
Don't use vent..need glasses to see..bugs, dirt, and rain get on glasses if vent is open
Rosy

I've been told that taller and wider windshields can and have caused the fairings to crack. I don't have any idea if
this is true or false. Has anyone had problems like this??

I had an F4+2 and liked it, but I tried a Klock Werks Flare a while back and it's still on the bike.
I like the looks of it better than any of em and the Flare design does a darn good job out on the road for both me and the wife.

Not sure where I heard that a fairing could crack from an oversized windshield. Possibly on one of the bike forums, but the comment was directly aimed at a Goldwing. As I said in my last post, I had no clue if this could be a problem or not. I would really like to buy a larger windshield, but was a little hesitant. I was just wondering if this could be a problem that others may have knowledge of.

Tall windshields will not make the fairing crack. I have used the X-Tall Tulsa's on all my wings over the years. Never a problem. I did have one on my 1800 trike from new until about 6 years ago. I switched to my F4+4 clear w/v and no problems with it.

I had an F4+2 and liked it, but I tried a Klock Werks Flare a while back and it's still on the bike.
I like the looks of it better than any of em and the Flare design does a darn good job out on the road for both me and the wife.

I need to replace my OEM windshield due to several scratches and gouges that I have been living with for over 7 years. Well I finally pulled the trigger since I am having my bike converted to a MT Razor. I decided to go with the Klock Werks tall shield. So it can block the buffeting that my wife was experiencing while riding as a passenger. And since I am having it converted so she can ride again, it made sense to swap out for this shield. I will give back a report whenever I get it back from the dealer. It has been four weeks that my bike has been there and they aren't finished yet. Keep your fingers crossed!

Has anyone used or tried the Long Ride Shields for the 1800 GW on your trike?

I am currently running the 18" LRS, I really like it, mostly like the ability to look over the shield with no buffeting. I have not had a chance to get an opinion from the wife's back seat. I think it a good product at a great price, especially if you catch one of the sales they run. I got mine this past Christmas for 60% off.

It has always amazed me how Honda can produce a great, well made touring machine like the Goldwing and yet put such a flimsy, thin, cheap, small windshield on them. I've tried 6 or 7 different after market shields but the F4 is by far the best that I have tried. I bought the Plus 2 since I want to see through the shield and not over it. Great wind and rain protection, and absolutely does not scratch. Pricey but well worth it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png