Motorcycle/Trike pull behind campers

How many people use a pull behind motororcycle and or trike camper?

• Aspen

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Bunk House

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • leesurelite

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 3, 2009
Rock Falls IL
Has there been a thread or discussion on pull behind campers? I've had a request to start a thread on campers if people are interested in discussing them.

I have a Timeout camper that I've pulled twice, and plan to use it next year several times. It takes a couple of trips to get it outfitted the way you want.
I had a foldout tent trailer for years that we pulled with the car. Always thought camping was a great experience, ane trailer pulling is never a problem. (I hate tents and sleeping on the ground)
You meet the nicest people in a campground, and if they happen to be bike campers it is even better! We always kept our camper complete with cooking and eating items, sleeping bags, pillows, etc ready to go. We could get off work on Friday night, and be on the road in 1/2 an hour. Spend two nights camping and be back home Sunday. Then we had a week to get it cleaned up and ready for the next trip. Great way to raise two boys.

I have two one is a Kamparoo I use with the motorcycle and the other one is an Aliner Alite. We try and camp somewhere different every weekend during the summer. You are absolutely right about getting off work and heading out raising boys. More kids need to shut off the games and enjoy the outdoors.

I'm really proud of my two sons and it's not because I was so smart, but they grew up with fishing poles and golf clubs instead of computer games.

I have a Bunkhouse that has been towed by my Goldwing 1800 but not by the wife's Stallion. Would need to find a 5-wire to 4-wire adapter in order for trailer to be used with Stallion.

I have a Bunkhouse that has been towed by my Goldwing 1800 but not by the wife's Stallion. Would need to find a 5-wire to 4-wire adapter in order for trailer to be used with Stallion.

Markie, Maybe my wifes Stallion 406 is different, but it came with the 4 wire plug. (Ground, Running, Left and Right). TBMS had all ready installed the converter in the tow package wiring. We tow a trailer that has the same bulb for Brake and Turn. No problem.

View attachment 3007 Here's a picture of my '07 Roadman Camper that I used to own. Had to sell it after I had a stroke in '08, since it was too difficult for me to set it up. One of the nice things about the Roadman is that you can use it either as a cargo or camper trailer. I pulled it behind my ' 02 Gold Wing. The unit trailered like a dream with little indication that it was even there.

Now that I'm physically challenged, (prefer that to saying I'm disabled) I've decided pursue my love for the great outdoors via 3 wheels, presently waiting for the delivery date of the '11 Stallion that I ordered in June of last year. The Stallion ought to open up other possibilites regarding camper size, tongue weights, etc. I've got my eye on a Aliner Alite, an "A" frame hard sided camper that sets up in less than a minute, or its bigger brother, the Aliner Sport that's a bit heavier, larger and is more that a just a place to sleep. It has a tongue weight of slightly over 100 lbs. but the Stallion ought to handle that with little to no difficulty or concerns IMHO.

Daydreamer

Last edited:
Markie, Maybe my wifes Stallion 406 is different, but it came with the 4 wire plug. (Ground, Running, Left and Right). TBMS had all ready installed the converter in the tow package wiring. We tow a trailer that has the same bulb for Brake and Turn. No problem.

Gorilla,

The Bunkhouse has separate amber turn lights: therefore I would either need an adapter for the Stallion trailer plug or run new wiring to interface the Stallion's rear lighting (which also uses separate amber turn signals) to the Bunkhouse's wiring.

I made my own wire conversions. For the Aliner Alite I did not remove the 7-pin round RV plug because I still pull it with my truck sometimes but what I did do was run the 7-pin round male into a 7-pin round female bolted up nice and neat out of sight under the trailer and on the tongue. Then I ran a 5-pin round plug from there to the trike so when I pull it with my truck or someone else's all I have to do is reach up and unplug the 7-pin and plug it in a vehicle.
Then I made a conversion for my screamin eagle that runs a 5-pin square so I can still pull the Aliner with my bike when my wife doesn't go and I want air conditioning, heating, electricity and such.
I also made a conversion from my screamin eagle 5-pin square to a 4-pin flat so I can still pull my lighter Kamparoo.

Gorilla,

The Bunkhouse has separate amber turn lights: therefore I would either need an adapter for the Stallion trailer plug or run new wiring to interface the Stallion's rear lighting (which also uses separate amber turn signals) to the Bunkhouse's wiring.

Markie, I'm not sure where it's located because I have not had the need to remove it, but maybe find the adapter remove it then install the correct wiring connector for your trailer? Just a thought. It has to be there somewhere with all the wires running to it.

We had an older Timeout - unfold the top and side, put up the poles and throw the tenting over it and attach. Like an umbrella tent on a platform, not a pop-up. Really liked the entry on the side instead of the end as most other campers have.
We now have an '02 Bunkhouse, and love the thing. I am planninig on modifying the awning to the more modern shock-corded support so it doesn't droop, and have made a cooler rack. May add an electrical port sometime.
So what mods have you made to your camper, no matter what brand or style? How did you do it, and would you do it differently if you had to do it over again? Be interesting to see the creativity of the group, and blatantly steal some good ideas. :D

(I've copied and pasted this to the trailers-campers-toyhaulers sub-sub-forum on the
Tech Talk - All Brands - Trikers Helping Trikers sub-forum)
http://www.triketalk.com/forum/tech-talk-all-brands-trikers-helping-trikers/

Last edited:
Our Aliner Alite is a 2008 we bought new and here are some of the modifications I have done to improve on a great little camping trailer.
Installed a fantastic fan
Wired in multiple 12 volt outlets
Installed a 2" hitch on the back of the camper
Installed a standard rack on the back
Installed a StowAway2 swing away cargo carrier when not using the flat rack
Wired the back hitch with a 4-pin flat plug to operate the lights when we use the StowAway2 cargo carrier or carry objects obstructing the original trailer lights
Installed a 6,000 BTU air conditioner with the outlet wired directly into the converter
Made a removable shelf for a portable heater. Will replace with a permanent heater this winter
Built multiple storage racks inside
Reinforced the inside storage bench frames with aluminum for my own piece of mind (I'm a 320 lb man)
Here are just a few projects I plan on this winter.
Replace inside lights with LED lighting for less draw on the battery so when we are in a location without electricity and generators are not allowed
Install another battery for longer run time
Reinforce the front storage compartment because the bottom is flimsy for what we haul
Install solar LED lights on the outside of the camper and underneath with an automatic switch
Install aluminum storage boxes with slides under the front and back of the camper. (boxes are built)
Install a drop down floor for a porta potty
Build a outdoor kitchen (chuck wagon box) made of aluminum that fits on our StowAway2 swing away rack
Convert the tail lights to LED
We love this camper and I discovered I often use this setup instead of my screamin eagle and Kamparoo even when my wife doesn't go with me because it's hard to go without the comfort. My brothers and friends all have motorcycle campers and they post a sign come see the Whitehouse the unofficial name they gave it. The camper, the stallion trike and everything I've tried to improve is for my wife. We were in a bad motorcycle accident in 2008 and she is now permanently disabled but now she can still enjoy the camping we love to do.

Sorry about everything running together I tried using bullets............ Brent

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png