Towing device

While it looks like a good idea, I can just picture the pipes scraping the entire time on my TG.

I am not a big fan of towing any thing with the drive wheels down... Most tow truck drivers with tow a front wheel drive car from the the front and a rear drive car from the rear.

I feel it's a bad idea to tow any thing with the drive wheels down. I know you can tow a car behind your RV but, most people who do that use a transmission pump just to be safe.

Can you do.. sure, but is it the best way to tow a trike long distances... I'm not really sure! :Shrug:

I tow my REWACO HS6 with a Cycle-Tow without any problem. Probably a little under 2000 miles but not at one time.

Dennis

I have a Cycle tow and use it to tow short distances like taking the trike in for service or repair. I installed the shock lift kit from TGLIDE and that made a big difference in ground clearance.

I'd recommend you read the "fine print" on these, they have a disclaimer similar to those used for cars. I've seen a near "worst case scenario" with one of these; you couldn't pay me enough to use one. Saw one was used behind an RV with a GL1800, bike hit a big enough bump to jar the tranny into gear. It stripped the splined output shaft, sheared the driveshaft assembly, and did several thousand dollars worth of damage to the rear end and suspension components as a result. Cost the customer almost 6 grand to have all the work fixed as a result.

I recently bought a Trike and it had a tow bar as part of the deal. Bolts into a receiver under the trike and just pick it up and place on trailer hitch. Works great.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png