Fat Bob Raked Tripple Tree, advice

Reaction score
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible! A FatBob's Triple Tree is Wide. Appartently wider than all the rest of the Dyna. After installing the trike rear end and new exhaust system, I discovered the most horrible news, the triple tree from Frankenstein is just a bit narrower than the Fat Bobs. With dual front brakes and the wide front tire, it just will not work. I rode the bike around the block and to my dismay, the front tire jerked at ever little bump and rock in the road. I was hopping somebody here could tell me if that is what is meant by the more difficult handling without the raked tripple tree? or maybe I can work on aligning it more and that that is maybe the reason? Anybody, help.

The Vance and Hines staggered short shot exhaust or just a little too loud, like I'm getting the queit baffle. I've never heard anything so loud.

Thanks,
Bubba

The only things I found to be a problem on my trike before adding raked trees, was that it took more effort to turn the handle bars and I had a little bit of front end shake on deceleration with no hands on the bars. Did not have any problems with front being sensitive to rocks or bumps etc.. You will feel more going over bumps with a straight axle, because as one tire goes over rock or bump it will lift trike side to side, instead of just up and down.
Good luck.

Now I'm looking for a source of a 49mm Raked Tripple Tree. Any chance? Information? Leads? Am I angry? don't know. I do know that the bike is barely ridable in it's current condition.

Bubba

Bubba, first of all, welcome to TT! I have a set of 4 degree raked trees, 49 mm wide style. $350 shipped to Texas. If they don't work for you, and ya don't beat 'em up too bad, I'll take them back & refund your $.
Send me a PM.

ultra

Ultra, thanks for the offer. I'm talking to the admin at Storz Performance. Hopping to get a set they have in black. I should know if that falls through by the end of today or tomorrow.

By the way, is PM personal message? I'm a computer programmer but I'm not use to non computer forums.

Thanks,
Bubba Richard

Last edited:
YES PM is personal message go the the persons profile by clicking on their name and then on the left top you will see send a message and u can choose Personal private or Public.

Bubba just a FYI: on this forum Ultra is the expert. I really mean that. He is also a great guy that helps out us here on the forum. So if your deal falls through with the factory I would strongly suggest a conversation with Ultra would be a priorty.

Damm Ted! Thanks for the vote of confidence! Every day that goes by takes me one step closer to retirement and opening my own bike/trike shop. I have worked for myself for over 20 years manufacturing something that I actually created. It's a living, but my heart is in Harley's, both two wheels and three. All the stuff I have provided to members here has been at my cost or less, so that's gonna have to change someday soon, and then I'll be just another commercial dude.
My daughter asked me again when I'm gonna retire. I'm being real nice to her, as she is the one who will pick the place I go to when I'm in a wheelchair in the corner drooling......:p

Yea you got to keep those daughters happy. I have 2 and they will have to take care of me when I fall off the trike.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png