Monster Trike

I have a 2015 freightliner m2-106. I'm converting to a diesel trike. I'm using the original rear axle but downsizing the rear springs to a f-350 rear springs. The running gear is a Cummins ISX 8.9L 543 cid and puts out 350 hp with 1080 pounds of torque. Air brakes front and rear . With room for five occupants with heated airride seats. Total weight of the trike should be around 8500 pounds and carry 100 galls of fuel.

I'm looking for ideas on a Springer frontend. I'm using a 24.5 aluminum front wheel and 22.5 rear aluminum wheels with supper singles. The tire diameter is 47 inches tall. I'm hoping to make sturgis rally next year and tow my Harley behind the trike. Any comments likes or dislikes or suggestions will be appreciated thank you, and keep the rubber side down. Also be adding satellite radio, bluetooth and navigation, and 6 inch chrome stacks

I have a 2015 freightliner m2-106. I'm converting to a diesel trike. I'm using the original rear axle but downsizing the rear springs to a f-350 rear springs. The running gear is a Cummins ISX 8.9L 543 cid and puts out 350 hp with 1080 pounds of torque. Air brakes front and rear . With room for five occupants with heated airride seats. Total weight of the trike should be around 8500 pounds and carry 100 galls of fuel. I'm looking for ideas on a Springer frontend. I'm using a 24.5 aluminum front wheel and 22.5 rear aluminum wheels with supper singles. The tire diameter is 47 inches tall. I'm hoping to make sturgis rally next year and tow my Harley behind the trike. Any comments likes or dislikes or suggestions will be appreciated thank you, and keep the rubber side down. Also be adding satellite radio, bluetooth and navigation, and 6 inch chrome stacks

Johnny..Welcome to Trike Talk.👍

Thanks for posting. Looking forward to see pics of the build

I have been working on my build for a long time. (life interrupts sometimes)

Not sure this would work or not for you. If it does it may need to be a lot stronger given what your ride will be built from (mine should be plenty strong for my ride)

Scroll past the wood mock-up I made while trying to figure things out https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/35590-88-blazer-trike/page34

Welcome to Trike Talk, There is lot of information on this website on springers, springer-look leading links, leading links and raked trees... good luck on the hunt!

Thank you, for the advise.

I like the wood mock-up that gave a real prospective to the build. I'm going to keep the abs from the truck and extend the floor board back to make room for the second row of air ride seats and the floor board will be using the existing air ride that is under the cab now. I think since it is made from a freightliner I'm going to have the local vo-tech cnc class make a name plate for the rear called "TRI-LINER" out of polished aluminum and a 543 cid. name plate for the engine.

I like the wood mock-up that gave a real prospective to the build. I'm going to keep the abs from the truck and extend the floor board back to make room for the second row of air ride seats and the floor board will be using the existing air ride that is under the cab now. I think since it is made from a freightliner I'm going to have the local vo-tech cnc class make a name plate for the rear called "TRI-LINER" out of polished aluminum and a 543 cid. name plate for the engine.

I would assume you will have an air dryer on the air ride

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png