Trike Haulers Recommendations

mrgadget01

Aug 30, 2021
Delphos
Looking for information on recommended trike haulers. Any for sale? I'm in Ohio. Have a 2001 Goldwing with CSC Viper. Like to ride. Want to tour also. Drive a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Welcome - here is something to think about.

How often will you use the trailer and, do you have a place to store it when not in use. I had a Chariott enclosed trailer - probably used it less than 10 times in 10 years. Mostly towed my bike to the dealer for winter maintenance.

You can probably get a U Haul trailer to tow your trike for about 29 per day. Take the bike where you want to go, pay the $200 - and, return it. Get it again next time you want to go

My daughter took my trailer to California 3 years ago - I have not missed it - and, have more room in my garage

We have 2 enclosed trailers to haul our toys.

Also have one Aluma open trailer 7712.

One nice thing about the enclosed trailers they are out of sight out of mind when spending a night in a motel and they are out of the elements!

Open trailers pull easier.

V front enclosed trailers pull easier than flat fronts.

7447, does have a point there.... Back in 2003 I purchased a brand new trailer to tow my two wheel'rrr (at the time) to go to Sturgis..... Well here it is 2021 and I have not had any reason to use it again..... (now that's it a trike/my bike won't even fit on it)

I paid $1,500 for this trailer BRAND NEW .............used it once for this trip, and sold it for $300.00..........Not a very wise investment for sure....... I should have rented it.....:mega-shock:

Welcome - here is something to think about.

How often will you use the trailer and, do you have a place to store it when not in use. I had a Chariott enclosed trailer - probably used it less than 10 times in 10 years. Mostly towed my bike to the dealer for winter maintenance.

You can probably get a U Haul trailer to tow your trike for about 29 per day. Take the bike where you want to go, pay the $200 - and, return it. Get it again next time you want to go

My daughter took my trailer to California 3 years ago - I have not missed it - and, have more room in my garage

Uhaul trailers are too narrow to haul a trike. The gate on them does not extend completely from side to side of the trailers total width, as the side rails turn in on either side and extend inwards about 8" per side, making the gate opening too narrow for a trike to be loaded.

Uhaul trailers are too narrow to haul a trike. The gate on them does not extend completely from side to side of the trailers total width, as the side rails turn in on either side and extend inwards about 8" per side, making the gate opening too narrow for a trike to be loaded.

Thanks - I used one years ago to tow my GoldWing with a MotorTrike conversion. As I mentioned, I has a Chariot - but, my daughter took it.

I am going back to a trike - should be ready around the end of March. Should I decide to tow it, I will look for some options, including some of the guys here that have them.

Roger, I know you are further north but I have a Wing and have owned several of them. I found a 7x12 with a wedge works best for an enclosed trailer. Got mine north of Cincinnati at Smith Trailers outside of Mason. Get the electric brakes but I didn't think I needed a tandem. I haul to Florida in the Fall and out west when I'm taking trips out there. Don't get those cheap bias tires. Radials is the way to go. Just IMHO.

Got me to thinking (yes it hurts) I have a Triglide that I haul in a enclosed trailer but the Goldwing trike is wider and we are considering a 2019 or up Goldwing, my question is how wide is the Roadsmith?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png