GL1800 Transmission Issue

Hutch

Oct 5, 2016
Readfield, ME Kennebec
Hi All,

New to the Trike world, purchased 08GL1800 Roadsmith early spring thru the Trike Shop Daytona. Up front was an old HD Fan; however the Wife never developed the HD "thing" as I did. Long story short back to the GW world we go; our first Trike. An entirely different beast but now absolutely love touring w/ it! Slowly learning as I go, am reacquainting myself in Honda maintenance; LOTS of plastic in the way of everything. But am hearing the GL1800 transmission develops a "ghost neutral" whereby the trans starts dropping out of 5th and or pops back and forth from 5th to 4th and back again. Can anyone verify and if so any idea what kind of mileage was on the Bike when this issue started??? Any concrete information will be greatly appreciated!! THX All!!

Hutch (Maine).

Not sure how widespread it is but it does happen. There is a guy named Greg who runs a shop down in Zephyrillis, Fl that is probably the guru on the subject. On his page, he has a link dedicated to the "ghost shifting" and has pretty much everything you would want to know. Here is his site: www.justwings.com

GL100 Transmission Issue

THX all, appreciate the welcome and the information. After researching thru TT more I located an entire Forum regarding this issue... Have approx. 24K on our Trike, so far so good!! Certainly hoping for the best but if/ when will definitely check into Greg at JustWings. THX again.

THX all, appreciate the welcome and the information. After researching thru TT more I located an entire Forum regarding this issue... Have approx. 24K on our Trike, so far so good!! Certainly hoping for the best but if/ when will definitely check into Greg at JustWings. THX again.

From what I gather it happens but not often compared to the number of Wings on the road. Mine is a '06 with RS triked in 2011. I now have 60k miles of hard twisty road riding, with a lot of shifting, and no problems. (Knocking on wood!!!!)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png