The mystery trike kit

This question was asked on a web site called "VTwin Mama". One person responded that the dealer for them talked him out of the tiltster. The question is in that site's message board.

I saw them at Americade 2 years ago but didn't see them last year. Looks very tricky to me . A lot of moving parts. OK I have to recant what i said. The Unit I saw was not this . It was a add on tilting Voyager /towpac unit. This unit the" Tiltster" looks impressive . At around 4K bike included it looks good. I would be interested in how much the rolling chassis or the add on kit is . After riding a trike for 9 years I really don't see the necessity for the tilt. Someone that has never ridden one may feel more comfortable with it.

Mystery Design was one of the kits I looked pretty hard at. They were bringing out a updated tilt mechanism as of Jan, so it should be available by now. The tilt mechanism is an attachment that can be added on at a later date if the whole package is too much for the budget. It's computer controled, but set up so if it fails, the suspension system can be locked in the bike frame portion in the verticle position. When we were talking to them, to date, they had not had a failure in the tilt system. They use all air suspension & a independent suspension system that looks like it belongs on a F1 race car. On their Cobra styled body, it has a trunk that's the same size as the DFT Smoothie -- 9.5 cu ft -- HUGE!

NM

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png