Eyewear for people that don't wear helmets

Trampas

1000+ Posts
Reaction score
I have a pair of transitions sunglasses from my eye doctor that I have had for 7 years, I liked them and they are prescription for long distance. I now have had cataracks removed from both eyes so now I don't need glasses to wear, Dr said buy some reading glasses to read with and basically I'm not having to much trouble reading either, I had glasses set up for computer and don't need them either. So now he said the motorcycle glasses he would put a long distance in it but not as much strength so I can't wear my old ones because to much strength in them. They want $300 to change out the lenses and $450 to buy a whole new set. I like the transitions so that way I don't have to change glasses to ride at night which basically I don't do much of that anymore and with cataracks gone maybe I will now.

Prior to 2015 I wore goggles and also had a clear pair for night. I still have them but I really like these sunglasses with the transition lenses, they wrap around the eyes and they are foam lined so I get no air in them and they have a string or whatever you call it to keep them on so wind doesn't blow them off from the side.

Been looking at different sunglasses for motorcycles from $25 up to $175 from Harley and other places, I talked to a friend of mine and he wears transition oakleys and has around $250 invested in them and he gets air around into his eyes so then he switches over to goggles.

So fellow trikers that don't wear helmets, what do you wear for sunglasses that is good on the highway speeds that doesn't let air in and no problem at all.

All for now Trampas

P.S. these sunglasses are from Liberty sport

So fellow trikers that don't wear helmets, what do you wear for sunglasses that is good on the highway speeds that doesn't let air in and no problem at all. All for now Trampas P.S. these sunglasses are from Liberty sport

I got these at Lens Crafters in Walmart about 8 years ago. Their prescription and photo dark so they get real dark in bright sun. They don't move and I don't get any wind in my eyes. Love 'em. Ignore the "handsome" fellow modeling the glasses. He's all I could find on short notice.

IMG_20221110_171535865.jpg IMG_20221110_171624535.jpg

Prescription Ray Ban

m_632a26df308f07e0e8855324.jpg

Thanks for the replies, what was the cost of these that you guys wear, maybe that $300 they are asking is not out of line

All for now Trampas

Thanks for the replies, what was the cost of these that you guys wear, maybe that $300 they are asking is not out of line All for now Trampas

The ones I posted earlier were about $200. That was eight years or so ago mind you.

I used to have transitions and never felt that they blocked much sun at all. The worst part is that I wear a helmet and the glasses don’t get dark when they’re behind glass or plastic. I bought a pair of real prescription sunglasses at BJ’s for $275 and can’t believe the improvement.

Do a quick search and you will find plenty of sites that sell prescription motorcycle riding glasses and goggles.

I have a pair of transitions sunglasses from my eye doctor that I have had for 7 years, I liked them and they are prescription for long distance. I now have had cataracks removed from both eyes so now I don't need glasses to wear, Dr said buy some reading glasses to read with and basically I'm not having to much trouble reading either, I had glasses set up for computer and don't need them either. So now he said the motorcycle glasses he would put a long distance in it but not as much strength so I can't wear my old ones because to much strength in them. They want $300 to change out the lenses and $450 to buy a whole new set. I like the transitions so that way I don't have to change glasses to ride at night which basically I don't do much of that anymore and with cataracks gone maybe I will now.

Prior to 2015 I wore goggles and also had a clear pair for night. I still have them but I really like these sunglasses with the transition lenses, they wrap around the eyes and they are foam lined so I get no air in them and they have a string or whatever you call it to keep them on so wind doesn't blow them off from the side.

Been looking at different sunglasses for motorcycles from $25 up to $175 from Harley and other places, I talked to a friend of mine and he wears transition oakleys and has around $250 invested in them and he gets air around into his eyes so then he switches over to goggles.

So fellow trikers that don't wear helmets, what do you wear for sunglasses that is good on the highway speeds that doesn't let air in and no problem at all.

All for now Trampas

P.S. these sunglasses are from Liberty sport

Trampas, i have the liberty sport biker glasses. Size 61-17-130. I have had this frame style for many yrs. I'm a diabetic & I get new glasses every 2 yrs. I have transitions for the bike & regular sunglasses for the truck. The frames were the best i could find for blocking the back draft type air you can sometimes get from the gap by your cheekbone area. I have just found some oakley's. they are 54-20-133 in size. They are called 5 squared. part # 00923-0554.They fit my face better than the liberty sports, but i do not know if they are better because i can't get them until next yr. They are roughly 90. off the web & aprox. 150 at an eye center. Sam's have them also if you have any around so you can go check out. I do not think they are as well made as the liberty sports, but taken care i believe they'll be ok. I think they have a 2yr. warranty also.

Pacific Coast Sunglasses. Had cataract surgery last and have artificial lenses set at distance. I have dark sunglasses for day and yellow for night driving. Have set for passenger also just keep them in the trunk.

Trampas, i have the liberty sport biker glasses. Size 61-17-130. I have had this frame style for many yrs. I'm a diabetic & I get new glasses every 2 yrs. I have transitions for the bike & regular sunglasses for the truck. The frames were the best i could find for blocking the back draft type air you can sometimes get from the gap by your cheekbone area. I have just found some oakley's. they are 54-20-133 in size. They are called 5 squared. part # 00923-0554.They fit my face better than the liberty sports, but i do not know if they are better because i can't get them until next yr. They are roughly 90. off the web & aprox. 150 at an eye center. Sam's have them also if you have any around so you can go check out. I do not think they are as well made as the liberty sports, but taken care i believe they'll be ok. I think they have a 2yr. warranty also.

Sounds like the same liberty sport glasses I have, the name on mine is torque CS 60-D17-130, almost the same numbers, like I said I'm happy with them but I have to decide if I want to spend $300 for new lenses since my old ones with the prescript is no good for me now. I have goggles and have clear for night time but never really liked goggles and my eye doctor associate she showed me hers since she rode a bike so I ordered and have had them for 7 years and still holding up really good, I bought a pair for my girl friend or should I say ex girl friend now and mine are black and hers were translucent blue, if I decide on new lenses for these I might use the translucent blue ones since they weren't used much, I just prefer black.

All for now Trampas

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png