Springer Front End

Reaction score
:Flag:

How many of you have a rear engine trike and are running a springer front end?

Thinking about using a springer on my new project and wanted feebback about it.

Pros---Cons---Advice

Anyone?

:Flag:

Springers work great on a rear engine trike so long as you get your center of gravity and forward loading within reason. You can go with a bit more frame rake with a springer, and even adjust your trail measurements by changing the lower rockers (usually to move axle forward). I'd just be sure to get a springer wide enough for a disk brake. Narrow springers sometimes do not allow for that, and remember that the front brake is often your emergency brake on a trike.

Curious - VW or what type rear engine?

I planned on a wide type springer because I run a fat front tire and use double disc brakes.
I have a VW trike now,but planning on using a 4 cylinder Honda V-Tec motor and auto trans mounted in the rear.

i am building a 53 flat head mercury powered trike with a springer front end. the springer was custom built by Twisted Chopper's (twistedchoppers.com) and is heavy duty for the v-8 application. They also have several other models as well and are great people to deal with. their site also shows how to measure for fitment.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png