DNA Trikes

Thank you for asking. I have the mechanicals just about done. Longer final drive belt. MMD reverse gear setup. Recluse clutch. Foot operated ratchet clutch. Tank shifter. Hawg Halters 6* triple trees. FLH style headlight valence. Narrow rear wheels and tires. Ribbed rocker boxes installed. At first glance looks like a flathead.

Fabricated a single exhaust and fishtail to simulate the servi exhaust.

Still waiting for a lot of parts to come back from powder coaters.

Started fabricating the servicar box support framework while waiting.

Ordered a facsimile pogo post from Germany for the solo seat install.

The Heritage was so darn nice that I decided to bag and tag every part. Bought new or used rather than modify in any way, an original piece. That way the bike can be put back to original in the future if someone should want to.

Still months away but I am in no hurry at all.

I have attached some pics of the progress.

Attachments

• tank emblem01.jpg
    tank emblem01.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 80
  • flathead01.jpg
    flathead01.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 81
  • red002.jpg
    red002.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 82
  • box02.jpg
    box02.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 77
I may try to ride around the neighborhood in May but I spend most of my time in a wheelchair. Not physically able to do much but I can still build.

I don't build to sell, I build for the pure pleasure and satisfaction. Recently finished a Model A. Took years. Now in storage. Probably going to do the same with this project.

I may try to ride around the neighborhood in May but I spend most of my time in a wheelchair. Not physically able to do much but I can still build.

I don't build to sell, I build for the pure pleasure and satisfaction. Recently finished a Model A. Took years. Now in storage. Probably going to do the same with this project.

Happy to hear you can still create your dreams. I’m not in a wheelchair, but have a difficult time walking. That’s my reason for the the trike.

Has anyone found a way to "mount" their Harley with limited leg mobility? I have to stand on a short stool with my left foot, sit my butt down as close as possible on the solo seat, have my wife remove my right shoe and lift my right leg over the tank and onto the running board. She then puts my shoe on and I am able to ride around the neighborhood. Reverse the process to get off. I have given some thought to some type of "trapeze" in the garage to lift my lardass up and over but that may be overthinking the issue.

Any suggestions or ideas will definitely be appreciated and considered.

John

Has anyone found a way to "mount" their Harley with limited leg mobility? I have to stand on a short stool with my left foot, sit my butt down as close as possible on the solo seat, have my wife remove my right shoe and lift my right leg over the tank and onto the running board. She then puts my shoe on and I am able to ride around the neighborhood. Reverse the process to get off. I have given some thought to some type of "trapeze" in the garage to lift my lardass up and over but that may be overthinking the issue.

Any suggestions or ideas will definitely be appreciated and considered.

John

When you are on the seat can you reach down with your right hand grab the cuff of your pants and then pull your leg up and over the tank….When “I” blew out my knee a few years ago that’s what did…

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png