New to the forum and new to touring bikes and trikes in general

Aug 31, 2020
Iowa, US
New to the forum and new to touring bikes and trikes in general

Hello everyone. I'm new to Trike Talk and looking forward to reading/learning and asking questions. I am from the U.S. Midwest (Iowa)...and when we're not being blown around by "derechos", we like to get out and enjoy our summers before winter tracks us down to kill us. :D I was a rider years ago as a teenager (motorbikes and three-wheelers) but then family happened and I didn't keep it as a priority.

Now that I'm in my late forties and the kids are off to college, my wife and I are looking at some of the activities we want to be engaged in pre- and post-retirement. We've enjoyed weekend camping and would also like to take the rig on longer trips to see the country in retirement. That's when we hatched the idea of having a toy hauler...and obviously a toy...to take a motorcycle (touring style) along and experience some of these beautiful places in the open air.

I thought the best/safest/easiest option for us would be to have a trike. But, that's where my knowledge ends and my research begins. I'm very interested in the different manufacturers and styles folks have and the pros and cons. I've heard good things about the Goldwings and good/bad things about the Harleys. However, I recognize my research is just beginning and I don't quite know enough to make a decision on the right trike. So, here I am and I'm here to learn.

Thanks everyone!

Mark

Mark........Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:clapping:.....

Ask all the questions you have.....And we'll have most if not all the right answers for you...

Again Welcome......:wave4:...

You landed in the right place

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania stop by often and ask questions great people willing to help. Great choice looking for a trike. Travel safe Fred

Welcome, Mark. I do agree that you should test ride as many trikes as you can. Be sure to take your wife along so she can make sure the ride is comfortable for her too.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png