Free Wheeler Wind Deflectors

Just spoke to Joe, owner of jescustomaccents.com. He said he'll start making them soon if there's enough interest. E mail him if interested.

That's great news, just sent them an e-mail. Just finished a over 1,700 mile ride and it would have been nice to have something to cutdown on the updraft, especially when it was only 34 degrees when I started the ride home.
Red

I emailed him. He replied that the is working on a design. Should be available "toward the spring".

I e-mailed him when this thread first started and never heard back. Sent him a follow-up and never heard back. Sure hate to wait until next spring. My FW has more wind updraft than any bike I have ever owned.

Sunman

Are there any fangs out there that look like they would fit a FW,with a few mods? I really wanted the H-D fangs for our trike but they wouldn't fit because of its Auxiliary Light kit. Didn't like the aftermarket fangs' looks and price so I bought the H-D units from Boardtracker,anyway. Now that I know how to make them fit,I'm going to get out the Dremel and perform a little surgery. :)

DIY projects are fun. Moved mine from my Suzuki to my VTX. Cost about $40.00 bucks when made for the Suzuki. Cut new plexi for the VTX. No lights to cut out.

Attachments

• lowers 005.JPG
    lowers 005.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 557
  • lowers 004.JPG
    lowers 004.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 529
  • lowers 003.JPG
    lowers 003.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 530
  • lowers 002.JPG
    lowers 002.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 532
  • lowers 001.JPG
    lowers 001.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 532
Are there any fangs out there that look like they would fit a FW,with a few mods? I really wanted the H-D fangs for our trike but they wouldn't fit because of its Auxiliary Light kit. Didn't like the aftermarket fangs' looks and price so I bought the H-D units from Boardtracker,anyway. Now that I know how to make them fit,I'm going to get out the Dremel and perform a little surgery. :)

Was the surgery successful?

Was the surgery successful?

Yes,it was. I used a Dremel w/cut-off disc to clearance the top of the fangs for turn signal clearance,then used some rubber trim for aesthetic reasons. Just haven't had the time to install them on our trike,yet.

408933d1417746242-installed-the-fugly-fangs-fang1204142117a_resized.jpg

Yes,it was. I used a Dremel w/cut-off disc to clearance the top of the fangs for turn signal clearance,then used some rubber trim for aesthetic reasons. Just haven't had the time to install them on our trike,yet.

408933d1417746242-installed-the-fugly-fangs-fang1204142117a_resized.jpg

Looks great!!! can't wait to see them on the trike and hear how they work out.

I emailed JES and this was the reply.....
yes should have by April of 2016
I have three designs in cardboard right now
JES

Joseph E Stewart

Update from JES

E-mail received today:

I am having a R&D pair of wind deflector made this week for the free wheeler, just have to tweak it a little, before I am done target complete 1 month.
Then I can get production parts made then off to chrome.

Joseph E Stewart

12/31/2015 Update from JES

I now have a pair of deflectors made and I am close to finishing.
as soon as I get feedback from my customer who has a freewheeler
and tries them out.

Joseph E Stewart

Just installed the jescustomaccents on my Freewheeler

Made a world of difference. Instead of the wind coming up under the tank in my face, it is moved to the side and by me. I would recommend them.

Update

Made a world of difference. Instead of the wind coming up under the tank in my face, it is moved to the side and by me. I would recommend them.

Took mine out in the rain to see how i would fair. One the way back I had no soft lowers or JESCustom deflectors. With them now on I stayed fairly dry. Water still rolled the windshield and blew into my face and the very bottom of my pants legs got wet. Major improvement. I think a full face is in order for the scooter in the rain though.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daddy Lew
Back