Done Deal!

Carla I'm sorry to hear about your spyder, at least it happened prior to the deal being completely finalized.

Have to ask, was this with your regular guy? or one that you came across in your search...either way I'm guessing that that he knew there was an issue beforehand.

Don't let this deter you from fulfilling your dream...:good:

persistence.jpg

I am so sorry to hear all this ... I had a feeling when it wouldn't start this might be the path you'd walk. I get it. Your whole reason for trading was reliability and a local dealer .. I'm convinced he knows more about the "issue" that he is letting on.

Good news ... your baby is Home.

I'd buy your trike in a heart beat if I had the money ... she's a beauty and my dealer would work on it if I didn't want to. I'm telling you guys ... this is a great trike.

Again Carla ... sorry you had to go through this ... Sending Hugs your way.

This is the same dealer Jim and I have dealt with for years...of course, being a dealer he always came out on the better side of the deals and we knew that.. the price you pay for being in an isolated location. I think he gave me a break because we had known him so long and had bought several 2-wheelers from him since the early 90’s. Oh well. All’s well that ends well.

This experience does not make me bitter in any way against Spyders... I just was updating my friends on the situation. Thanks all for listening and for your support.

End of story.

Carla, sorry to hear your deal fell thru

IMO your Goldwing has a lot of good stories to tell yet I hope you get many more smiles and miles before you part with it;)

Darn, that's too bad. Perfect example of why you have to be careful with used ANYTHING. My wife just couldn't pass up a deal on a used F3 or I might take a look at your Goldwing. No way we can have yet another vehicle. But how much you going to be asking for it? I know of one much much closer so just want a comparison. You got a picture of it. That might get someone interested.:Shrug:

Carla, Sorry about the way it worked out....The electronics in these machines sometimes can be a nightmare....And a lot of it is overkill ,Sometimes the whizkid designers go over board and add stuff just because they can...

At least your dealer stood tall and let you out of the sale....

So..

After much knashing of fangs, no sleep, and much anxiety over this and visions of being stranded somewhere and not even able to push it out of a dangerous situation, I went in to the dealer first thing today. Told him I didn’t want the Spyder, what are my options? He said no problem, he thought I might say that and had not processed ANY of the paperwork! That tells me right there they knew something was ka-ka with this vehicle. They did deposit my check and he promptly wrote me a reimbursement check and shredded the paperwork.

Carla, I do bookkeeping and tax work for several used car lots, I can tell you that they will not start on any paperwork until the check clears the bank and they verify that the title is good on any vehicle that is taken as a trade.

Darn, that's too bad. Perfect example of why you have to be careful with used ANYTHING. My wife just couldn't pass up a deal on a used F3 or I might take a look at your Goldwing. No way we can have yet another vehicle. But how much you going to be asking for it? I know of one much much closer so just want a comparison. You got a picture of it. That might get someone interested.:Shrug:

Working on getting some pics added here...give us a while...got to do some finagling about getting them attached. Fuzzywuzhe is going to help me with it...he’s tied up on other projects at the moment..will be later today.

Carla, sorry to hear the spyder didn’t work out. I remember you were discussing a different purchase down around Kerrville, but haven’t been able to find what you are looking for... Please remember life can sometimes come at us in a different ways. Maybe Karma is trying to tell you something. Best of luck, remember your TT family is here and willing to help.

Robert

Good looking trike Carla. And a color I could go with on these gravel roads I'm forced to ride. Too bad I'm on the poor side of the tracks.

It was mentioned that you are 300 miles from any place that can service it. Is that place north as in the DFW area or somewhere else? Just curious. If my wife hadn't just bought her second Spyder I'd really be pondering this seriously. We go down today to pick it up.

Good looking trike Carla. And a color I could go with on these gravel roads I'm forced to ride. Too bad I'm on the poor side of the tracks.

It was mentioned that you are 300 miles from any place that can service it. Is that place north as in the DFW area or somewhere else? Just curious. If my wife hadn't just bought her second Spyder I'd really be pondering this seriously. We go down today to pick it up.

Actually, there is SUPPOSED to be a Motor Trike dealer at Wichita Falls.... but I checked the mileage and after I turn off of I-20 - then up to WFalls it is the same as going to Troupe TX - MotorTrike’s home.

The dealers we had out here have all gone out of business.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png