Article: Side by Side Photos / 2018 GL1800 with CSC Encore

Im almost as hard core harley as ya can get, but i like this ride, looks like a dragster, jus needs a big set of slicks on the back, looked at buying several different wings at one time, fast and nimble, love the trike set up, mmm, loan me one i will return it when im thru testing it in a year or two. :D

I suspect that the trunk opens up because in their literature, they say it mimics the Goldwing trunk. I called the factory this afternoon to get some questions answered and I have got to tell you that I think CSC is literally going to be knocking the ball out of the proverbial park.

The owner advised that they have taken about a month worth of orders and so the next availability for builds will be into August at the factory. However, CSC's business model is to essentially sell their kits to installing dealers and I was advised that there are numerous dealers close to me that do a lot of installs and are very expert at what they do. We all have to remember that CSC has lots of installs of their Viper configuration which essentially uses most of the components that are going into the new Encore body so the familiarity of the dealers with the install should be quite high.

What is really exciting about this project is that it piggybacks off of CSC's existing build technology and the added engineering comes into play in terms of how the CSC supports integration with the existing new Honda frame. I was also advised that some of the electronic features of the new Goldwing are spared in the trike build which is an amazing feat.

Given that the frontal area of the new Goldwing is narrower and Honda has slightly decreased the fuel capacity, CSC is carefully looking at how the diminished frontal presentation will affect fuel consumption with the rear fenders protruding a bit farther out in the wind relative to the new front but not wider than their Viper series and will be discerning if there is a greater need for the $600 optional built-in fuel cell which adds about 3-3.5 gallons of usable fuel. It will be something that people will want to more routinely order if they plan to ride in areas like the West where fuel can be a bit more scarce than the Eastern part of the USA.

I must say that I am extremely impressed with the attention to detail that CSC has devoted to the development of the Encore trike kit. One additional amazing feature of the new ensemble is that they are very pleased with how the DCT automatic transmission is performing with this new kit. I suspect that a majority of the kits will be spec'd with the 7-speed DCT instead of the traditional 6-speed standard?

2018 gl1800 csc encore rear photos

20180516_123802_Fotor.jpg

The taillight is a prototype. The actual taillights are coming in shortly. Also, note the two different type wheels. One is chrome and one is painted silver or black to match the bikes' front wheel. The lightbar is also shown chromed and painted in black. There is a seat photo here also to show how we incorporated the passenger heated seat switch.

There are a few more photos of the rear that we are having trouble posting for whatever reason. To see those click these links:

https://www.facebook.com/California...150038975532/1844146022309267/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/California...150038975532/1844146032309266/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/California...150038975532/1844146138975922/?type=3&theater

View attachment 57655

The taillight is a prototype. The actual taillights are coming in shortly. Also, note the two different type wheels. One is chrome and one is painted silver or black to match the bikes' front wheel. The lightbar is also shown chromed and painted in black. There is a seat photo here also to show how we incorporated the passenger heated seat switch.

There are a few more photos of the rear that we are having trouble posting for whatever reason. To see those click these links:

https://www.facebook.com/California...150038975532/1844146022309267/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/California...150038975532/1844146032309266/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/California...150038975532/1844146138975922/?type=3&theater

Well I think CSC has done a great job with the Encore! I had a Vantage on my Yamaha 1900cc, with ground effects and box, and I loved every mile of the 30,000 miles I rode on it! I was very pleased with the CSC kit and would be ecstatic with this kit and am anxious to see the ground effects add on......thanks, AGAIN, CSC with great design and products.

OJ

Side by Side Photos / 2018 GL1800 with CSC Encore

20180511_091132_001_Fotor_Fotor_Collage.jpg20180516_123826_Fotor_Fotor_Collage.jpg

Side by sides of the bike with the trike! 2018 GL1800 CSC Encore. The tail pipes shown on the trike are not the actual ones. The new ones are coming soon! While they are not exact to the Honda ones, they will be very similar and fit well with the Encore body design!

Can't wait to see it at Americade, I'll even go as far as to offer my services as an experienced, impartial, technically oriented test rider with no penchant for hyperbole. :)

That is quite possibly the best case of Butt Kissing I've ever heard.....And really mad at myself for not going there first!

Damn.....jc

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png