Tri Glide on a Trailer

427dave

Jan 24, 2011
The Villages, FL
Anyone out there have any recomendations on a trailer to carry my Tri Glide. I have a Kendon single bike trailer that I am going to sell as the trike will not fit on it. I need a trailer that will fold up for storage. I am not allowed to store trailers outside the garage.

I sent Kendon an email on their recommendation and they said they do Not have a trailer for a trike, but they are working on designing one and have one proto type that may become available soon.

Also the $3000 + price seems a little much.

Thanks for suggestions.

Dave

Anyone out there have any recomendations on a trailer to carry my Tri Glide. I have a Kendon single bike trailer that I am going to sell as the trike will not fit on it. I need a trailer that will fold up for storage. I am not allowed to store trailers outside the garage.

I sent Kendon an email on their recommendation and they said they do Not have a trailer for a trike, but they are working on designing one and have one proto type that may become available soon.

Also the $3000 + price seems a little much.

Thanks for suggestions.

Dave

Dave for your requirement that it fold up and what it will have to have for a load capacity to haul a Tri-glide $3000+ doesn't seem too bad to me.

Hi Dave,
I have carried both my Valkyrie Interstate CSC trike and my GL1800 DFT trike on my Kendon Dual trailer. All you need to do is buy a folding aluminum ramp. Works like a charm and stores away in the garage.

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Hi Dave,
I have carried both my Valkyrie Interstate CSC trike and my GL1800 DFT trike on my Kendon Dual trailer. All you need to do is buy a folding aluminum ramp. Works like a charm and stores away in the garage.

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

I guess you moved one of the front wheel chocks to the center. Is there room for the extra ramps on the trailer? I have a Kendon single trailer and love it.

When I bought the trailer, I bought a center wheel chock kit for it. However the center wheel chock installs too far back to use for a trike with a steering kit installed. The wheel base is too long. I removed the center chock and just roll the trike up to the front of the trailer and lash the front wheel to the bar. It is in the perfect position. Once you tie the rear down, it's not going anywhere. The ramp folds and will slide under the trike.

When I bought the trailer, I bought a center wheel chock kit for it. However the center wheel chock installs too far back to use for a trike with a steering kit installed. The wheel base is too long. I removed the center chock and just roll the trike up to the front of the trailer and lash the front wheel to the bar. It is in the perfect position. Once you tie the rear down, it's not going anywhere. The ramp folds and will slide under the trike.

Thanks Dan

Slight clarification:
With the center wheel chock kit, the trike will fit on the trailer. There is plenty of length for the wheel base. However the rear body of the trike sticks out past the back of the trailer. I did not like that.

So I load it as shown in the pictures.

Thanks everyone. I found a used Drop-Tail for 2 bikes. I moved one chock to the middle and removed the other. I moved the toolbox to the left chock position. It is about 10-12 inches wider than their trailer built for a trike. It folds up and fits inside the garage like my old Kendon for the single bike. I haven't tried it with the trike loaded but it pulls great empty.

Dan would know for sure, but it looks like it might be this one:

Motorcycle Trailer Ramp

Also found this one:

Folding Truck Ramps, Arch Style Ramps, Bi-Fold Ramps, Tri-Fold Ramps

And these 2 different lengths from JC Whitney:

Garage Pro TRIFOLD LOADING RAMPS - JCWhitney

Garage Pro TRIFOLD LOADING RAMPS - JCWhitney

I like the 50" width and closer rung spacing of the first one, but not sure about the 5 ft. length as far as clearance for the trailer we've got. The others seem to have more length, but not real comfortable with the spacing between the rungs......

Been thinking about the wide spacing between the rungs. If the 77" (approx. 6' 4") ramp from JC Whitney would allow the needed clearance, one could cut a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood to fit the middle section, then mount a hook on the top underside of the plywood to grab the 2nd rung down from the top. Or even cut 3 separate pieces of plywood for each section of the ramp.

Once the trike is loaded up, ramp folds up and slides under trike as Dan did above and the 3 narrow sheets of plywood could also be stacked and slid under the trike.

Thanx, John, will add that one to the list as we continue to comparison shop based on width, length and price. Seems like the widths so far are 45", 50" & 54". The measurement from outside edges on the tires on her trike are around 50" or so which puts about 2 1/2" of tire tread on each side overhanging the 45" width ramps, which is a little spooky :Monster:.

Would feel more comfortable with a 50" or 54" width, but will keep checking it out.........Thanx again & Ride Safe........

Would like details please

Hi Dave,

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

Hi,
Could Danbgt please give me some details?
Just got a 2015 Tri Glide and I have a Kendon dual trailer. Most important question is which ramp did you use. Also, at what points on trike and trailer did you tie down. Lastly, where and how did you secure ramp for travel. Thanks!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png