Transmission Oil drained into Primary Case

Good point. My friend has been a loyal HD rider for years even thou every Ultra or Tri he has had has given him fits. He is going to give HD one more month and than he is unloading this turkey and, in his words, " buying a Can Am". His dealer is trying to get him to believe that the two Tri they sold with the problem are the only ones anywhere that is experiencing this issue.

And his Elio is at the dealership waiting for him to pick up ....

And his Elio is at the dealership waiting for him to pick up ....

LOL Funny you mention that because he told me he has a down payment on a Elio that he is suppose to get this year. I think he thought he would get it last year but he said there were some production issues. Are they ever going to get in production?

LOL Funny you mention that because he told me he has a down payment on a Elio that he is suppose to get this year. I think he thought he would get it last year but he said there were some production issues. Are they ever going to get in production?

They are getting close, At this point they have less than 100 grand in the bank, With an outstanding 123 million deficit ...And those are 2016 figures, And as they say in Brooklyn, The figures are even Worster now, And speaking of Brooklyn Paul Elio says that if he can sell the bridge he owns in Brooklyn he will then be able to wipe out the deficit..;)

Thanks Bob, I sure hope The MOCO gets a hold of this but I aint holding my breath;)

Let us know how your Trike is doing, I keep an eye on mine has not transferred any fluid in over 16k miles yet

I only have 2 hundred miles on it since they level out the oils Wednesday so its too early to tell if its still doing it, But without the kit and or fix i'll bet it is still doing it, I didn't notice it at first till the 45 hundred mile mark, :Shrug:

Just thinking out loud here but if you changed the oils [all three holes] every 5k and didn't measure how much came out of the trans and chain case you might never know theres a problem..

Questioning Puke Can

Well my puke can I bought to catch the oil mists sent to the throttle body came into question. I highly doubt the puke can is the cause of my transmission transfer issues but they asked. They are still stumped.

Well my puke can I bought to catch the oil mists sent to the throttle body came into question. I highly doubt the puke can is the cause of my transmission transfer issues but they asked. They are still stumped.

Harley knows, And i'll bet the dealer knows that there is a problem....They Harley doesn't know why and or how to fix it......All the dealer has to do is call Harley, And the'll tell your dealer to level out the oil in the Trans and primary , And check it again in a thousand miles, Then if its still doing it, The'll install a cone shape plug/washer in the primary and tell you ride it for a thousand miles again...And hopefully it stoped transferring oil..

I'm in the process of second thousand mile test..

Harley knows, And i'll bet the dealer knows that there is a problem....They Harley doesn't know why and or how to fix it......All the dealer has to do is call Harley, And the'll tell your dealer to level out the oil in the Trans and primary , And check it again in a thousand miles, Then if its still doing it, The'll install a cone shape plug/washer in the primary and tell you ride it for a thousand miles again...And hopefully it stoped transferring oil..

I'm in the process of second thousand mile test..

On my 3hd thousand mile test.....And its another failure....:mad:

I just saw a post over on Harley tech Talk. dealer drilled a hole in top of the primary, just slightly foward of the clutch. Installed a vent tube. seems to be a fix.

That being said there is a 42 page discussion http://harleytechtalk.com/index.php?topic=96613.0

There are alot of supposed fixes, But NONE that cure all as of yet

The MOCO does NOT seem to interested in solving this TOO bad this will only hurt future sales IMO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png