2009 suzuki s40 trike

nhbiker1

Jul 18, 2014
Hudson
just installed a treasure coast trike kit on a 2009 suzuki boulevard s40 .
when i first take off the front end shakes like crazy! would a steering
stabilizer help? and if so who would carry it? or do i have to do something
with the front end rake & trail?
any help would be appreciated ( this is my wife's bike & you know how that goes)

Is this a full trike? Or is this a insta trike/ Voyager/ tow PAC.? Style outrigger ?

Like to see it, sounds interesting. Any pictures?
i tried to find info on Treasure Trike kits. Can't find any info.

How was the install ?
installation was pretty easy. hardest part was converting the rear drum brake setup to rear disc brakes (one on each wheel, as opposed to some trike companys that put a single disc in the middle on the sprocket)

- - - Updated - - -

Like to see it, sounds interesting. Any pictures?
i tried to find info on Treasure Trike kits. Can't find any info.
profilepic17475_1.gif
how's this? waiting for fenders to be painted.

just installed a treasure coast trike kit on a 2009 suzuki boulevard s40 .
when i first take off the front end shakes like crazy! would a steering
stabilizer help? and if so who would carry it? or do i have to do something
with the front end rake & trail?
any help would be appreciated ( this is my wife's bike & you know how that goes)

Just saw your post...steering damper makes a big difference! Did you ever get one?
--Tonyreb

I'm seriously considering making an S40 trike; I want something SMALL and simple and the S40 appeals to me. What axle did you use, and what about the swing arm? Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

David C Green
GySgt USMC Ret

I'm seriously considering making an S40 trike; I want something SMALL and simple and the S40 appeals to me. What axle did you use, and what about the swing arm? Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

David C Green
GySgt USMC Ret
i actually bought a kit designed for the s40. it came with a perfect fitting direct bolt on swingarm, rear axle from a company called DNA with dana 30 gears. the fenders are quality items from Paucho , and it included 15" chrome Cragar rims.(had to buy tires locally, but that wasn't a problem) the kit comes from TREASURE COAST TRIKES in florida. if you do go with this the biggest problem was changing the rear drum brake over to the trikes rear dual disc brakes. you need to (or have someone) fabricate a linckage setup that works w/the disc brake master cylinder.

Had a LS650 Savage in my younger days (they renamed it S40 about 10 years ago). Loved that bike, but the seat wasn't worth crap on a 1,000 mile road trip.

Personally, I wouldn't trike a bike with less than 100 hp. The extra weight alone is a real drag.

As others have pointed out, steering damper is an absolute must have or you'll be tank slapping all day at less than 40 mph. Also, what's the rake going to be on your trike? Steering is a whole different game when you go from 2 to 3 wheels. It's not the same dynamics at all.

Had a LS650 Savage in my younger days (they renamed it S40 about 10 years ago). Loved that bike, but the seat wasn't worth crap on a 1,000 mile road trip.

Personally, I wouldn't trike a bike with less than 100 hp. The extra weight alone is a real drag.

As others have pointed out, steering damper is an absolute must have or you'll be tank slapping all day at less than 40 mph. Also, what's the rake going to be on your trike? Steering is a whole different game when you go from 2 to 3 wheels. It's not the same dynamics at all.

80 hp. keep up with the Goldwings and the triglides all day. Don't use 5th gear until 60 mph

Attachments

• VTX done 005.JPG
    VTX done 005.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 71
  • vtx5.jpg
    vtx5.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 71

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png