Much improved Champion now

Wingerbill

May 6, 2019
Caldwell, Texas, USA
We had a Champion conversion added to our 2009 GL1800 in January of 2018. As I am sure most new owners are aware, getting used to a trike after being on two wheels is a real experience, but after a couple of weeks I felt pretty comfortable. However I was still getting used to what I considered a bit of 'wandering', especially in wind. And the most distressing thing was the fact that it was lower in the front than it was as a bike. We have a toyhauler trailer, and since being triked we had to get the front of the trailer well up in the air to keep from dragging the engine on the lip of the ramp. But mostly I noticed that my bright lights at night did not project as far down the road as I was used to.

I finally went on-line to see if there weren't some sort of fork extensions available, and my search brought up a thread that referenced Cut N Shoot Customs and the fork extensions. I read that this kit has a 5 degree rake, (I thought it was 6, but whatever) and of course that will set the front a bit lower. I decided to get the 2" extensions and contacted him to see if I could get them from his shop, since I am only about 90 miles away. Met Papa Zook, (turns out the thread I found was from this forum), visited a bit, got advice on fork oil and headed on back home. I completely removed the forks, discovered it already had 1" extensions so I am glad I got the 2" ones. Since I had them off, I replaced the fork oil, added the extensions, added a new front tire and headed on out for a road test. Completely different trike. Straight and steady on the road, smooth (as much as the roads around here will allow) and I am thrilled beyond belief. Whether it was one, or a combination of all 3, doesn't matter. My headlights are where they should be, and I am willing to 'put up' with the fact that my front tire says 'Harley Davidson' on the sidewall (long story).

My thanks to Papa Zook for the extensions, and the fork oil advice, and the conversation, and the chance to join this forum.

Mr. Bill from Snook, Texas

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Mr. Bill:wave4:

We had a Champion conversion added to our 2009 GL1800 in January of 2018. … etc …

… etc …
My headlights are where they should be, and I am willing to 'put up' with the fact that my front tire says 'Harley Davidson' on the sidewall (long story).

My thanks to Papa Zook for the extensions, and the fork oil advice, and the conversation, and the chance to join this forum.Mr. Bill from Snook, Texas

Welcome ….. and I couldn't read the writing on the tire from here.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png