Update to need motor trike shocks

jackt

Apr 14, 2011
Great Bend, KS USA
I called Motor Trike today talked to a very nice young lady, she seemed pretty knowledgeable.

I wanted to see what kit is installed on my 2005 GL1800, I am second owner bike has 13000 miles.

I have the numbers from the top side of Differential.

She told me they cannot answer that anymore because 2012 they went to new system no longer have that information.

Ask about the shock part number she did not or would not answer but said a dealer would have to order and they can ship to my address if dealer tells them to.

OK sit down now.

Ready

$300.00 plus shipping.

I did not check on air bags because I can buy better for way less money.

I hate to tell you but thats not bad if they are as stated and have a special mounting meaning they have a low production number.You might check with someone who builts shocks for UTV or other powersports shocks about rebuilding yours.

I hate to tell you but thats not bad if they are as stated and have a special mounting meaning they have a low production number.You might check with someone who builts shocks for UTV or other powersports shocks about rebuilding yours.

Ditto. $150 a shock, in todays world thats really not all that much.

And glad you are sitting down already, as that price will be likely higher. The $300 price is what they sell to the dealer for, and expect a markup on top of that. That was the experience I had with getting my driveshaft from Motortrike. The dealer marked it up 25% over what MT quoted over the phone. So I would not be surprised if you pay $400 or more before the shocks are in your hands. :Shrug:

My shocks are still ok, but I am already exploring getting replacements before I need them. Best of luck to you!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png