Custom Build Trailer

Trailer Weight

looking good .what is the estimated weight and have you considered brakes

BVG, Thanks for looking. I put the trailer on some scales sun.. and the weight is now 158 lbs. I still have to do all the glass work and it should come in at about 168 lbs. I see no need for brakes being that the trailer is so light. As for pulling power i have plenty due to the gear reduction i have, and the extra HP / TQ i did to the 110" motor. Thanks for asking and if any more questions feel free to ask (booggerbe ) Ron

Ready for Glass work

Ok forum these are pics of the front of the trailer ready for glass work. Gonna have to wait for warmer weather to start the glass work. Thanks Booggerbe

smal ei.JPG

smal gt.JPG

smal ip.JPG

Frame build

small 18.JPG

sma yb.JPG

small 18.JPG

sma fw.JPG

View attachment 53261View attachment 53263Ok Forum members. Thought i would share some pics and imfo on the custom build trailer i am doing to pull behind my R/G trike. My goal is to try and match the Daytona CSC conversion i have now. Being a custom shop owner and having over 20 years of being a fabricator and a lot of experience in fiberglassing , building some of the Baddest radical baggers with many awards. I thought why not build a custom trailer . I am using a pair of Tri-Glide rear fenders, set of Flexride 425 half axles, small rail channel iron, a set of matching rear wheels like on my trike, some abs plastic, a razor tour pak, any way that is the basics of my parts list. Plan on keeping the total weight under 200 lbs. I have alot of pics from the start and hope i dont bore anyone LOL. got to wait on warmer weather before i want to start the glass work . Thanks for looking Booggerbe (Ron)View attachment 53260

Fiberglass prep time

Ok forum ready to start the glassing on the rear fenders. Just need some warmer weather to be safe when i start. Thanks for looking Ron

smal iu.JPG

smal e4.JPG

smal 33.JPG

smak pl.JPG

I see you have cutouts for the marker lights, what kind (brand) are you using ?

The Kuryakyn ones on the trike are no longer made.:confused:

lights

I am using CSC lights that I got from CSC. I don't think they are the same as Kuryakan. But the ones I have are the same as my trike lights. Hope this helps and thanks for looking

The Kuryakyn ones on the trike are no longer made.:confused:[/QUOTE]

I am using CSC lights that I got from CSC. I don't think they are the same as Kuryakan. But the ones I have are the same as my trike lights. Hope this helps and thanks for looking

The Kuryakyn ones on the trike are no longer made.:confused:
[/QUOTE]

CSC used Kuryakyn but now use a similar LED version of their own. After seeing your post, I called CSC to get the scoop on the lights. I think I might get a set to see how they fit a Kuryakyn application. Thanks for the info........ ThumbUp

I didn't join very long ago, still catching up on posts... Very cool trailer. Nice work. :clapping: Cant wait for the finished pics of it. I lucked out on my trailer... I had a Bushtec that I pulled with my Ultra. It looks pretty close to the rear of my trike. You wont even notice it back there. Your about the same weight as my Bushtec. And about the same size.

wheels

I love that your using the tomb stone lights like the trike .. could you get the same wheels as the trike ... that would be so kewl.

Fuzzy the wheels on the trailer are the same as the trike wheels. I just have not sent the trailer wheels off yet to be chromed . I will be picking up the finished paint on the trailer today and will share some photos. Thanks for lookingThanks . Ron

Fuzzy the wheels on the trailer are the same as the trike wheels. I just have not sent the trailer wheels off yet to be chromed . I will be picking up the finished paint on the trailer today and will share some photos. Thanks for lookingThanks . Ron

Thought they looked similar ... you are a talented man. Very nice project.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png