Love Jugs Mighty Mites

Jack Klarich

18000+ Posts
Oct 11, 2016
Jax, Fla USA
Going to put some on today that I got from the Trike Talk site owner Papa Zook on his buylovejugs.com site.

I am going to test em over a couple days running the same route same temps same mph to see if the readings DO go down as much as I expect

Stay Tuned Boys and Girls

PS, I am going to hook em up direct to the battery with the supplied fuse

My plug under the side cover is occupied ( secret weapon thanks D K Customs )

:sneakydevil:

Today, Not very hot by Florida standards

My test run tonight 25 miles cruise set @ 70mph

Fans on never saw 300 degrees

Yesterday night same ride temp was 313

Last time I looked when I parked in my garage temp was 288

Riding Saturday if it aint raining, hoping for a longer ride in the heat of the day

So far I am IMPRESSED:clapping:

Jack I never run old Shiney without them on I have dropped 20+ degrees especially in urban areas I have never seen 265 this year even on the high 80's rubbing 90* Really wonder why I waited so long to install them. Ride safe FredDSC00526.JPGDSC00481.JPGDSC00482.JPG

Nice Fred, I got mine up a bit higher, aiming closer to the spark plugs, Me Thinks that is the hottest part inside the heads? If not I will tweak it a bit lower like urs, What do u think?

Nice Fred, I got mine up a bit higher, aiming closer to the spark plugs, Me Thinks that is the hottest part inside the heads? If not I will tweak it a bit lower like urs, What do u think?

Those are where my mount placed them it was simple bolt on I thought that is were they all fit the mount that comes with them placed them there I did no adjusting or anything like that. They seem to be working great and I feel no need to move them.

Remember I went through a period of electrical interference with the PV and the accessory circuit/switch for the fans. :Coffee:Ride safe Fred

Attachments

• DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 642
  • DSC00484.JPG
    DSC00484.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 626
  • DSC00490.JPG
    DSC00490.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 653
Those are where my mount placed them it was simple bolt on I thought that is were they all fit the mount that comes with them placed them there I did no adjusting or anything like that. They seem to be working great and I feel no need to move them.

Remember I went through a period of electrical interference with the PV and the accessory circuit/switch for the fans. :Coffee:Ride safe Fred

Yup, I think I will let them be

They are working so best to let them work

The wiring to the battery sure was simple, I aint scared:laugh: The only part I did not use was the original H D horn bracket, the one that came with the Mighty mites was far superior. The instructions R very easy, the vise grips did not work too good on the rubber isolator However I have a set of stud removers that worked GREAT for off and on

shopping
I have had 2 sets like this 4 25 years they come in handy in tight areas

You can get cheap models like this now most any where, when I bought mine they were a new product, Thus costing way more JMO

Today was raining and a bit cooler

I ran the fans on a longer trip, round trip was 55 miles @ 70 MPH

The temp hung @ 250 with fans on

The ambient air temp was 80 degrees with 100 per cent humidity

The rain I am sure with the cooler air was a factor

However the Mighty Nites are doing the job

I did not see no where near 288 today

I have Mighty Mites from Papa Zook too on my 2015 Freewheeler, wired directly to the battery. So far the highest temp I have seen is 275 running 70 MPH in 6th gear with ambient temp at 93 deg. A couple of times I turned the MMs off and the temp started climbing. Turned them back on and the temp started coming down in a couple of miles. On same run at 60 MPH in 5th gear the temp stayed right around 260 with MMs on. This was a short 30 mile run and the temp may continue to rise higher on an extended high speed run. Will find out if / when Harvey goes away and it quits raining. I am convinced that they are a good investment.

Also, the quality of the MMs is top notch.

Got mine here buylovejugs.com

Sunman

Jack that is much better still hot though but it is hot in Florida. ride safe Fred

Fred, I dunno about HOT,

What I do know is The M8 runs alot hotter than my 15Freewheeler

The M8 also cools down alot faster

It loses about ( not scientific) 10 degrees each minute it is off

With the fans left on it cools faster, so in the garage I let them run while I plug my battery tender in ( that is about 2-3 minutes) total time

I can ride an hour later, The engine is cool to the touch ( at the rocker boxes)

I can honestly say the Love Jugs products DO WHAT THEY SAY

AND the M 8 may run hotter BUT IMO it can handle the heat and use the heat to its advantage with a more complete burn inside the 4 valve heads because of the air and fuel flow plus the higher compresson ratio

I may be wrong But I think the MOCO finally got a home run here and it will survive whilst others may soon go bye bye JMHO

Fred, I dunno about HOT,

What I do know is The M8 runs alot hotter than my 15Freewheeler

The M8 also cools down alot faster

It loses about ( not scientific) 10 degrees each minute it is off

With the fans left on it cools faster, so in the garage I let them run while I plug my battery tender in ( that is about 2-3 minutes) total time

I can ride an hour later, The engine is cool to the touch ( at the rocker boxes)

I can honestly say the Love Jugs products DO WHAT THEY SAY

AND the M 8 may run hotter BUT IMO it can handle the heat and use the heat to its advantage with a more complete burn inside the 4 valve heads because of the air and fuel flow plus the higher compresson ratio

I may be wrong But I think the MOCO finally got a home run here and it will survive whilst others may soon go bye bye JMHO

I agree M8 seems to be a great design so far, with the fans it is cooler my thoughts are how well is the oil handling those temps. Kevin has done a little research into heat and oil. Possibly he can chime in on the long term heat and lubricants, I'm sure he knows much more than I. Love Jugs sure do put your mind at ease in heavy traffic. you have a fine machine there Jack enjoy. :victory: ride safe Fred

Love Jugs sure do put your mind at ease in heavy traffic. you have a fine machine there Jack enjoy. :victory: ride safe Fred

Thanks Fred, I am enjoying this new to me trike

It is the finest HD I have owned to date

However I bought a 92 FLHS new in 92, I had to ride it home in February in Minnesota, I have a lot of good stories about that bike

If I could find another same color I would buy it:cool:

Today I ran hard about 60 miles, some in stop and go traffic thru downtown Jax FLA ( construction on freeway thru downtown) Never saw temp get up to 288 with the fans on

I come to this conclusion, IMO every Harley including the iron barrel Shovels could use this Fan set up

If we had this years ago we still might be riding them today

I can only imagine what a Softail feels like now with the rider sitting on top of the oil tank just like my 1960 FL Panhead OUCH that was HOTTTTTT

I would say go get u 1 of these from Papa Zook

Thank you Papa Zook for a great product you sell:clapping:

Jack, I still have my 60 FLH. Ya think you can get the fans in 6 volt? :confused:

I dunno, but even in 6 volts on ur bike the fans should spin like crazy

I changed a 1952 Ford over to 12 volts but left the 6 volt starter on it cranked like crazy, the wingdings in the motor were different

Wanna sell it? mine was 60FL14001

6 volts on a 12 volt motor will do like what a brown out will do to a refrigerator or a TV,

If left on too long good bye motors...

U could step the 12 down to 6 to the fans with a resistor block

Like this one, Fords and Chryslers used them on the ignition

18022285_bar_1788139_pri_larg.jpg

U could step the 12 down to 6 to the fans with a resistor block

Like this one, Fords and Chryslers used them on the ignition

18022285_bar_1788139_pri_larg.jpg

Did that on my old 9n Ford tractor , When i converted it to 12v...And once with an early Polaris ATV, Even though it was 12v, If the battery died completely. Once i rev'ed the engine past an idle all the lights would fry....The battery acted as an resister on the early Polaris...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png