Question for Roadsmith owners with accuride?

air1gun

Reaction score
For those that have the accuride suspension on your conversion how do you like it? Also could you tell a little about how it works? I ordered that option for my 1500 conversion. My kit will be in next week and trying to learn as much as I can about it. The Roadsmith website does not explain the accuride suspension all that well. Thanks in advance...

I have it on my 1800 and love it. It automatically adjusts ride height according to the load. No input is needed from you. I can hook up to my camper trailer, load the wife on, and just go. You will occasionally hear the air compressor running to adjust the height. Net effect is you are always at the correct ride height. I believe it uses a magnetic sensor that lines up to tell the ride sensor to add or delete air. I wouldn't be without it.

Ditto what Matches said. I love mine and it has worked flawlessly thus far. It's great having the suspension always correct without me having to figure out how to adjust as load changes. Great option IMO.

Ditto what Matches said. I love mine and it has worked flawlessly thus far. It's great having the suspension always correct without me having to figure out how to adjust as load changes. Great option IMO.

Sounds good! But I think in order to justify the cost you have to change loads frequently. If 90% of the time you ride solo and don't pull a trailer it probably wouldn't be worth the expense.

I think it will have added value if you decide to trade or sell the bike at some time.

It's my understanding that the Accu Ride feature will be standard on the Road Smith conversions in the near future.

Personally, I think it's a great feature. I've had this feature on two autos and loved it as it always kept the vehicle in the correct position regardless of weight change including filling up the 25 gallon fuel tank.

Has any one look a see if a person could add another switch to the accuride to have a sport setting when you wanted to run corners without so much lean........like have a switch to turn off the orginal switch to over ride to the second switch to add more air to the shocks for a stiffer ride for cornering an then could switch back for comfort ride...............just a though

Hisst

Here is a link where you can see the video of how it works. If you change your load weight you never have to worry about the correct level. Even the aux fuel tank will add a few pounds when full.

NEW AccuRide Auto-Leveling System

Thank you, thank you, thank you........Glad I ordered the accuride option, now, that I really see how it works... Bikes still in shop as we speak, should be ready next week, (12/15/16) looking forward to my first trike ride.....Hope I'm in for a pleasant happy surprise...with years of smooth travels....2010 Goldwing with a new Roadsmith conversion kit........

PS: I never rode a trike b-4

Ronnie

Thank you, thank you, thank you........Glad I ordered the accuride option, now, that I really see how it works... Bikes still in shop as we speak, should be ready next week, (12/15/16) looking forward to my first trike ride.....Hope I'm in for a pleasant happy surprise...with years of smooth travels....2010 Goldwing with a new Roadsmith conversion kit........

PS: I never rode a trike b-4

Ronnie

Ok todays date is 9/23/19.... As of yet I honestly never, heard any pump sound, and have no idea if this pump actually works or doing what it's supposed to do... Last season I brought it back to my builder to ask him... He charged me $90.00 just to say YES it's there... Save your money....Don't purchase this option... To my builder, if yea want to know why I will never return to your shop, this is the reason... Give me back my $90.00 or I will bad mouth you forever... TO ROADSMITH COMPANY , THIS DEALER WILL MAKE YOU LOOK BAD...........:mad::mad:

Todays date 7/13/20

I still have never heard any sounds (motor pump running) from my accri level'rrrr...

I'm sorry to say that my installer from Keene New Hampshire (no name mentioned) did indeed rip me off.............(stay far away from this dealership) he charged me BUT never installed it....along with a few other situations (not going to mention all the other stuff he did and didn't do)

Ronnie

I'm tired of reading your complaint all the time. We get it!

No name of actual dealership has ever been mentioned............

I'm sorry, but I just want to save all others from being ripped off, and not spend big bucks, and order something never received..............

Ronnie

I call R/S last week about it, and they were very nice and explained to me how to tell if this lever'rr was installed..........after going through the procedure, told to me...I found out that it was not installed.... $800.00 dollars wasted...........

Ronnie

Ronnie enough bashing you have made your point PLEASE drop the issue.

Thank you

Gorilla Senior Moderator

Take your builder to small claims court. All you can do. It's not Roadsmith's problem.

Take your builder to small claims court. All you can do. It's not Roadsmith's problem.
Actually Roadsmith is part of the problem, if they have this dealer listed as a qualified installer that means they have been certified by Roadsmith to install their tike kits, if an installer does not install a kit or accessory properly, doesn't provide good customer service, then Roadsmith should step in and either help, or take them off their list of installers. Is it asking too much for Roadsmith to contact both parties to resolve this?

Frank

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png