changing plugs and plug wires

Mar 22, 2013
Thonotoassa ,Fla ,USA
anyone changed their plugs and plug wires ? my trike has been sitting for months with out and it started fine , but when pushing on the gas it starts to misfire badly, acting like the plum hose is off or cracked again. checked it's good no cracks or splits ? my thoughts plugs and wires should be good , only 7K miles on it .But it is 10 years old now who knows . Any idea's

yes it is involved. I moved the cruise control module and the steering assembly out of the way. Be careful with the plug removal make sure you have a good socket. the plugs a subject to breaking during removal so I would recommend spraying some penetrating fluid on them and let it soak. Might as well replace your coil pack at the same time. take your time. It can be done. Good Luck

yes it is involved. I moved the cruise control module and the steering assembly out of the way. Be careful with the plug removal make sure you have a good socket. the plugs a subject to breaking during removal so I would recommend spraying some penetrating fluid on them and let it soak. Might as well replace your coil pack at the same time. take your time. It can be done. Good Luck

looks to be another nightmare ! how many miles were on your's ?

In addition to gas, check your fuel filter! If it's been sitting for that long with the lovely "gas" that we have available now days it may well have congealed & be obstructing the membrane in your fuel filter.

I used to ONLY replace fuel filters on my vehicles when they started "running off"; but now days I make them part of my "annual check over". Too much crud in fuel now days to rely on that one filter & chance it (plus they're cheap enough).

anyone changed their plugs and plug wires ? my trike has been sitting for months with out and it started fine , but when pushing on the gas it starts to misfire badly, acting like the plum hose is off or cracked again. checked it's good no cracks or splits ? my thoughts plugs and wires should be good , only 7K miles on it .But it is 10 years old now who knows . Any idea's

Well took it for a short run today to check it out ,As i have a show to do on Sat. for Vet's seems to be running better now, but still not right. Their hoping that i'll be able to bring the Trike and Trailer here for display it's a celebrity car show with the Smokey and the Bandit cars ( 5 ), two of the Munster cars with Butch Patrick ( Eddy Munster ) back to the future, Harry Potter car , Night Rider, The Dukes of Hazzard car , Ghost Buster's. Just two name a few that will be there 150-200 cars to be on display...... P.S. found BIRD FOOD in the exhaust gotta love the squirrels.....

Last edited:
Well took it for a short run today to check it out ,As i have a show to do on Sat. for Vet's seems to be running better now, but still not right. Their hoping that i'll be able to bring the Trike and Trailer here for display it's a celebrity car show with the Smokey and the Bandit cars ( 5 ), two of the Munster cars with Butch Patrick ( Eddy Munster ) back to the future, Harry Potter car , Night Rider, The Dukes of Hazzard car , Ghost Buster's. Just two name a few that will be there 150-200 cars to be on display...... P.S. found BIRD FOOD in the exhaust gotta love the squirrels.....

Bird food in the exhaust.....Sounds more like mice....And the mice love to chew on wiring.:gah:...I keep my Snowmobiles and ATV's and Side-By's in a pole barn....and its the mice that will do the most damage to wiring..And fill the air cleaners with their nests ..

Bird food in the exhaust.....Sounds more like mice....And the mice love to chew on wiring.:gah:...I keep my Snowmobiles and ATV's and Side-By's in a pole barn....and its the mice that will do the most damage to wiring..And fill the air cleaners with their nests ..

That's true but i have 13 grandfather oaks in the front yard and a lot of squirrls due to the weather here mid 70's today and their always in there..

That's true but i have 13 grandfather oaks in the front yard and a lot of squirrls due to the weather here mid 70's today and their always in there..

Acorns, Yes and mostly from Red Squirrels and Chipmunks..Mice are your seed /and bird seed hoarders. I have to put mothballs around any ATV'S I'm not going to use for the winter to keep the mice out....We keep a few hundred pounds of whole corn in our barn at our cabin to feed the deer though the winter and the mice will sometimes fill our hunting booths with corn from the barn and also wild seed....Gives them something to do during the winter when the Squirrels are hibernating....

Acorns, Yes and mostly from Red Squirrels and Chipmunks..Mice are your seed /and bird seed hoarders. I have to put mothballs around any ATV'S I'm not going to use for the winter to keep the mice out....We keep a few hundred pounds of whole corn in our barn at our cabin to feed the deer though the winter and the mice will sometimes fill our hunting booths with corn from the barn and also wild seed....Gives them something to do during the winter when the Squirrels are hibernating....

I guess i should have added that i have two large parrots in a cage outside near the doors, and their always throwing food on the ground !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png