Need major work and need recommendations. WHO

guatdoc

Feb 8, 2016
amarillo tx usa
I have been told by two dealers the rear bushings on 2001 GL 1800 Roadsmith (early trike shop) conversion are almost totally worn out. The dealers in Colorado will not touch the repair. They say the entire rear end Springs, and axles will be need to be removed. So I need someone who can take on a major job like that. I have two homes. One in Colorado one in the panhandle of Texas. So looking for someone around there. Or would it be better to take it to Minnesota ?😂😂😂

I have been told by two dealers the rear bushings on 2001 GL 1800 Roadsmith (early trike shop) conversion are almost totally worn out. The dealers in Colorado will not touch the repair. They say the entire rear end Springs, and axles will be need to be removed. So I need someone who can take on a major job like that. I have two homes. One in Colorado one in the panhandle of Texas. So looking for someone around there. Or would it be better to take it to Minnesota ?������

You may have hit the nail on the head Phil. I was told by Roadsmith when I was talking with them about converting my 2015 that their chassis if basically the same as the original design so one would expect any qualified Roadsmith dealer should be able to do the job. The problem is that many of them really are just installers and not maintenance guys so they refuse to do repairs of this magnitude.

I would suggest you call Roadsmith and talk directly with them on the issues you are having and the work the dealers say you need done. At the very least I would think they could steer you to the best qualified wrenches.

I installed my own kit and aside from removing the body that chassis should be pretty easy to work on. Sounds like an interesting winter project if you have room and tools.. :xszpv: :xszpv:

You may have hit the nail on the head Phil. I was told by Roadsmith when I was talking with them about converting my 2015 that their chassis if basically the same as the original design so one would expect any qualified Roadsmith dealer should be able to do the job. The problem is that many of them really are just installers and not maintenance guys so they refuse to do repairs of this magnitude.

I would suggest you call Roadsmith and talk directly with them on the issues you are having and the work the dealers say you need done. At the very least I would think they could steer you to the best qualified wrenches.

I installed my own kit and aside from removing the body that chassis should be pretty easy to work on. Sounds like an interesting winter project if you have room and tools.. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Agree. Start with a call to Roadsmith for something this major. They may be able to help connect you with someone closer then hauling it back to the factory. If it were mine I would seriously consider taking it directly to Roadsmith.

I have been told by two dealers the rear bushings on 2001 GL 1800 Roadsmith (early trike shop) conversion are almost totally worn out. The dealers in Colorado will not touch the repair. They say the entire rear end Springs, and axles will be need to be removed. So I need someone who can take on a major job like that. I have two homes. One in Colorado one in the panhandle of Texas. So looking for someone around there. Or would it be better to take it to Minnesota ?😂😂😂

Call Cut and Shoot in Texas. Ask for ZOOK. Aka; Bazooka on this forum

The problem is that many of them really are just installers and not maintenance guys so they refuse to do repairs of this magnitude.

"Just installers" is mostly true around here too. Most won't do valve adjustments, rear axle bearings, or even pinion seals. Basically, they're mechanical skill level is about equal to an accessory installer found at Goldwing rally. However, there are some shops with skilled mechanics very willing to take on that level of work.

If someone such as Bazooka is willing to, that's usually a good sign.

"Just installers" is mostly true around here too. Most won't do valve adjustments, rear axle bearings, or even pinion seals. Basically, they're mechanical skill level is about equal to an accessory installer found at Goldwing rally. However, there are some shops with skilled mechanics very willing to take on that level of work.

If someone such as Bazooka is willing to, that's usually a good sign.

FYI Greg.... you'd probably get a lot more responses to your posts if you changed your avatar. Major distraction...;)

ronnie what is it you need ???
perhaps we can help you out...
do a lot of one off trike conversions, sidecar installations etc...
welding is my trade

stace

Aaaa Stace,
I at this point don't need anything, as I have not ever even rode a trike, It's now being built in New Hampshire (Roadsmith/Goldwing) but if you send me your address, I'd love to use you/if when the time comes.
Please send me your address:
Rmcclem291@aol.com

I see your from Conn. very close to Spfld. :clapping:
Do you also service Goldwings??
thank you
Ronnie

Aaaa Stace,
I at this point don't need anything, as I have not ever even rode a trike, It's now being built in New Hampshire (Roadsmith/Goldwing) but if you send me your address, I'd love to use you/if when the time comes.
Please send me your address:
Rmcclem291@aol.com
I see your from Conn. very close to Spfld. :clapping:
Do you also service Goldwings??
thank you
Ronnie

I received your address and tele#, I will stop in an introduce myself, I will hopefully b able to send some work your way.. See you this spring, once weather warms up a bit.. thanks for the e mail...

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png