What rain gear

Had HD dealer throw in the Hi-Vis yellow gear when I bought my Triglide. Wore it for 5 hour last Aug, forgot to zip it up all the way and a 6inch triangle on my tshirt was wet every thing else was bone dry.

I guess I fall into the same category as BOB (rhino 2). I have Frog Togs rain gear that I carry but just never put them on. My riding jacket and chaps usually keep me pretty dry. If it gets really bad, my rain protection is a motel..... Jim

The hi-vis reflective Frogg Toggs gets my vote. Never understood Harley's obsession with black for a rain suit. The objective in low light conditions is to be seen ! :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I fall into the same category as BOB (rhino 2). I have Frog Togs rain gear that I carry but just never put them on. My riding jacket and chaps usually keep me pretty dry. If it gets really bad, my rain protection is a motel..... Jim

Or Waffle House .............. :clapping: :D

Well this is no longer a problem for me. Now that I've got cinderella syndrome. I can go as far as I want, as long as I'm home at night. But I can tell you that three days of solid rain will make for a miserable ride. With out rain gear a heavy leather jacket will eventually be soaked through. Losing its ability to insulate. It will also become extremely heavy. And the most pleasurable of all, it will take at least a week of misery before it dries out. So almost any rain gear that Will not blow apart on the highway, is better than nothing.:)

We have a set of light weight frog toggs, and they are fine for off and on light rain. In a two hour down pour last summer the pants leaked. At least that is my story.

Agreed! Rode out to America's 911 Ride on the PA Turnpike a few years ago in a sustained downpour for hours and they were worthless. Got soaked through and through. Replaced with HD raingear and now stay dry as a bone.

Another vote for Frogg Toggs.

Frogg Toggs come in different price points. If you rarely get caught in the rain, get the least expensive ones, they'll be fine. These are the ones you usually see at motorcycle shows/events.... If you tend to gear up and ride whether it's raining or not, get the nicer versions. I had to buy mine on-line.....

I like bibs and a jacket. I seem to have a "gap" issue with a pants/jacket combo....

Chuck

Interestingly years ago I read an article, that said most rain related motorcycle accidents were not from slippery roads. They were from motorcyclists pulling to the side of the road, either to wait out the rain, or put rain gear on. Car drivers would also want to pull over because of the deluge, and run right into the motorcyclists because they didn't see them. Also said most motorcycle eye injuries occur when loading things onto the bike with bungee cords. Don't know how true but it does seem reasonable.:)

Interestingly years ago I read an article, that said most rain related motorcycle accidents were not from slippery roads. They were from motorcyclists pulling to the side of the road, either to wait out the rain, or put rain gear on. Car drivers would also want to pull over because of the deluge, and run right into the motorcyclists because they didn't see them. Also said most motorcycle eye injuries occur when loading things onto the bike with bungee cords. Don't know how true but it does seem reasonable.:)

Bungee's are like BB guns, If you're not carefull with them' Someone's gonna lose an eye...:D...

Joe Rocket

purchased online seem to be durable and dry close out models inexpensive really fit well. Dry is the big thing with rain gear. Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png