seeking fender bras that FIT the Freewheeler

Dec 29, 2015
Dallas, TX USA
Does anyone out there know of a manufacturer where I can get a set of fender bras? I now have two gawdawful dings, down to the metal, on both fenders that could have been prevented if I had put fender bras on the trike. But I can not find anyone that makes them :xzqxz:. HD only has them for the TriGlide.

Does any Freewheeler peeps out there have a source or suggestion? Thanks!

Bucky in Dallas

Bras for the Freewheeler

There is a company on the internet called Brasfortrikes.com. I don't know anything about them other than they have a great selection of bras for the Freewheeler and seem to be reasonably priced. As soon as I save some more money up, I think I'll try them out.

I suggest you repair the damage then cover all of the forward facing surfaces with 3M stone guard.
http://www.cleararmour.com.au/motorcycle-paint-protection.html
Another suggestion:
Many are having fenders "painted" w/color matched "LineX" or a contrasting color for a 2 tone effect. Seen one in contrast and made to look like flames flowing over the top of the fenders, very nice. Doing this would most likely cover the dings as the LineX material has some texture to it.
https://search.yahoo.com/local/s;_y...929&fr=yfp-t-360&hspart=att&hsimp=yhs-att_001
I suggest this as every vehicle I've ever seen with "bras" eventually has paint rub damage!

Let me understand this' Some people have some stone damage.. And so to make it look better they put on those God awful looking bras '
Which in time will damage the paint even more... :xzqxz:

Seethroughbraz is a clear product, and unlike the others products, is printable and provides protection to your painted surfaces from rock dings and scuffs. It doesn't need a professional to apply it to your trike . It is easily applied and removed over time without heat. Depending on location of the dings, our product may be viable to cover up the damage and protect additional surfaces from damage.
If you do find a bras, similar to Triglide, we have found that our product protects your paint from additional damage due to the rubbing and scrapping of the bras on the paint. If you have additional questions give us a jingle.

Freewheeler fender bras

Does anyone out there know of a manufacturer where I can get a set of fender bras? I now have two gawdawful dings, down to the metal, on both fenders that could have been prevented if I had put fender bras on the trike. But I can not find anyone that makes them :xzqxz:. HD only has them for the TriGlide.

Does any Freewheeler peeps out there have a source or suggestion? Thanks!

Bucky in Dallas

Say what you want about the looks of the fender bra. Some like the look, others don't. Whatever floats your boat. I put a set of TriGlide fender bras on my wife's Freewheeler. They fit fine. To mount them, I removed the tail lights, pulled them snug, marked a place in the tail light base to match the hole in the tab, drilled a hole through the plastic and put a quarter sized star washer (to grab as much of the tab as I could) and secured them with a nut/washer.

The lights mounted just fine with the bra tab between the base and the light.

If you decide to install fender bras, I would highly recommend protective material (3M type adhesive clear tape or the see through bras mentioned earlier) under the fender bra. You'll have to get creative applying tape, especially along the edges of the bra. The bra will flap no matter how tight you pull them. If you don't add a protective layer, the bras will start eating into the paint on your first trip out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png