Trailer hunting

Aug 26, 2013
Felton DE, USA
My goldwing is being triked with a roadsmith kit as we speak. I just sold my Pace American 6x10 trailer and now i am looking for a 7x12 enclosed single axle with brakes trailer. Any input good or bad on any brands? Any one have one for sale? I am in New Jersey.

I have a Wells Cargo. National Brand that can be found all over. Other brands are regional. But many of the smaller brands are made by the same manufacture. They just have them branded for their store/dealership.

In many states a single axle trailer will not be required to have brakes. So you might want to order one. I found that when I was looking real nice used ones were about the same price as a new one. They few that weren't were sold before I could get there. So in the end I just bought a new one and set it up like I wanted.

Poppajim-
I was just at the Timonium, MD Bike Show on 2/06 and spoke to the guys from Dave's Trailer Sales in Glen Burnie, MD. http://www.davestrailersales.com/
Super nice guys. They had a great selection of enclosed trailers and the prices were cheap. I'm from New Jersey and am definitely considering them when I get my new Tri-Glide in a week or two. It's not that far of a ride for me in Middlesex County.
I also had a nice chat with Jim @ The Ultimate Trailers (a sponsor here) yesterday afternoon. He is emailing me pricing and info on their enclosed trailers.
Tadgh45

I have a Wells Cargo. National Brand that can be found all over. Other brands are regional. But many of the smaller brands are made by the same manufacture. They just have them branded for their store/dealership.

In many states a single axle trailer will not be required to have brakes. So you might want to order one. I found that when I was looking real nice used ones were about the same price as a new one. They few that weren't were sold before I could get there. So in the end I just bought a new one and set it up like I wanted.

Thanks for replying , I am familiar with Wells Cargo.

- - - Updated - - -

Poppajim-
I was just at the Timonium, MD Bike Show on 2/06 and spoke to the guys from Dave's Trailer Sales in Glen Burnie, MD. http://www.davestrailersales.com/
Super nice guys. They had a great selection of enclosed trailers and the prices were cheap. I'm from New Jersey and am definitely considering them when I get my new Tri-Glide in a week or two. It's not that far of a ride for me in Middlesex County.
I also had a nice chat with Jim @ The Ultimate Trailers (a sponsor here) yesterday afternoon. He is emailing me pricing and info on their enclosed trailers.
Tadgh45

Thanks for replying Glen Burnie is a bit too far 200 plus miles. I will contact Ultimate Trailers for a price quote. What size trailer are you looking at. I am looking for a 7 x 12 because the door width on a 6 foot wide trailer only gives me a inch on each side loading the trike, and I don't want to take a chance since we spend so much money on our toys do not want to damage it loading or unloading.
Jim

Follow the link that Tadgh45 posted. I see they have a new 7X14 for @ $3900 plus ttl. That is a good price on a new on of that size. They should have real good prices on a 7X12 single axel...

My goldwing is being triked with a roadsmith kit as we speak. I just sold my Pace American 6x10 trailer and now i am looking for a 7x12 enclosed single axle with brakes trailer. Any input good or bad on any brands? Any one have one for sale? I am in New Jersey.

Try Performance trailers, Just up the road from you.
In Flanders at Rt 80 and Rt 206.. [6+ Ac. of trailers] Behind the State Police Barracks..

Try Performance trailers, Just up the road from you.
In Flanders at Rt 80 and Rt 206.. [6+ Ac. of trailers] Behind the State Police Barracks..

I did thanks, and we are considering a offer they gave us on a Victory Trailer. Also considering a Arising Trailer from Northeast Custom Trailers in Landing. I am getting a quote on a Wells Cargo trailer also and hope to make a decision soon. Wells Cargo trailer has a wider rear ramp door and there is a possibility that I may be able to go with a 6 x 12.
Thanks

Cargo trailers

Check EBAY for enclosed cargo trailers. There are several manufacturers in eastern PA and the prices are very reasonable. Sometimes even cheaper than used ones.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png