Rehash after market Motor Trike air bags

I finally found the leak! When we drilled & tapped the manifold for mounting holes, we drilled into the compression plugs at the of the manifold. I found the leak by accident! Yesterday, we made another manifold. We drilled the 1/8" air gallery slightly off center to allow room for the mounting holes....worked perfectly! I went for a ride last night with the bags aired up to 15 PSI, I found the ride a little rough. I dropped the pressure to 13 PSI & that was a little better. Out again today and dropped another 2 lbs to 11PSI. I wonder how low I can go without damaging the bags? Any advice anyone???

TIA.

I finally found the leak! When we drilled & tapped the manifold for mounting holes, we drilled into the compression plugs at the of the manifold. I found the leak by accident! Yesterday, we made another manifold. We drilled the 1/8" air gallery slightly off center to allow room for the mounting holes....worked perfectly! I went for a ride last night with the bags aired up to 15 PSI, I found the ride a little rough. I dropped the pressure to 13 PSI & that was a little better. Out again today and dropped another 2 lbs to 11PSI. I wonder how low I can go without damaging the bags? Any advice anyone???

TIA.

do you have your shocks set on the lowest setting? i would check that. as far as air pressure in the bags. i ran mine clear down to 7 lb. one time and didn't damage them. but it sounds to me like your shocks are set to stiff.

Wow! What a difference the base cycle of the trike kit must make. I am HOPING that the bags are the same. Measurements seemed close when I reached up and checked mine, but that is installed and accuracy may have suffered...

I cant even put my bags at that low a PSI. The low limit sensor runs the compressor and turns off when there is ~20# in the bags. The bike bottoms out over bumps with this little pressure. Riding alone I set it at 40#. I have considered putting a 40# low limit in it, but have not yet. I bought used, have NO idea if the 20# minimum sensor is a customer added item or from MT's original install.

With the shocks on #2 of 4, 4 being max lift, I needed near max pressure, 80# or so two up.

With the shocks on #4, I can now run 60# two up and its the same comfort. Shocks look OK, never had them leak oil.

I am 225# and Mrs is around 150#.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png